Last Updated On March 1st, 2021
Nearly everyone likes juicy homemade burgers. We guess that you do, too. Even if you don’t, then you certainly have family members or guests who adore them.
A burger press to a hamburger what a coffee maker is to coffee. You need the best burger press to make delicious burgers at home.
These pretty pieces of kitchen equipment are easily found in the market. They come in a range of brands and types. But are they all durable and worth the investment? Probably not!
A little study goes a long way. Read ahead, and hopefully, you’ll find the best hamburger patty press for you by the end of this article.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Quick Overview of 3 Best Burger Press
- 2 Top 10 Burger Press Reviews
- 2.1 Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press
- 2.2 Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press
- 2.3 OVOS Aluminum Non-Stick Hamburger Press
- 2.4 Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press
- 2.5 LEM Non-Stick Adjustable Burger Press
- 2.6 GWHOLE Non-Stick Burger Press
- 2.7 Amy Non-Stick Burger Press
- 2.8 Weber 6483 Original Burger Press
- 2.9 MiiKO Stuffed Burger Press
- 2.10 BBQ-Aid Burger Press
- 3 How to Choose The Best Burger Press
Quick Overview of 3 Best Burger Press
What Is Burger Press?
A burger press does precisely what the name suggests; it presses hamburgers. It is a piece of kitchen utensil used by both amateur and professional cooks to create consistent and uniform meat patties.
Burger or Hamburger presses are generally round containers with circular covers. Common materials used for making these utensils include aluminum, stainless steel, or plastic.
Benefits Of Using Burger Press
Using a hamburger patty mold to make burgers comes with a range of benefits. Some of these benefits include-
- Uniformity- Burgers are made from any type of ground meat and a combination of other ingredients. A burger press helps to turn these recipes into uniform weight, size, and shape.
- Flat- Another essential benefit of using a hamburger maker press is to have an entirely flat hamburger to cook that is devoid of any blobs.
- More Efficient- You can make one or two hamburgers by hand. But what if you want to make enough for 10 or more people? Making several pieces by hand is labor-intensive. A press machine will yield better quality and more quantity.
- Hygienic- You will undoubtedly need plastic wraps or patty papers if you want to make burgers without a press. However, is that the best way of handling meat products? You can avoid the mess by investing in a burger press.
- Versatile- If you like venturing into new recipes, then a burger press will be your long-term kitchen companion. They are ideal for all types of burgers which include turkey, beef, chicken, vegetables, lamb, and any other combinations.
Top 10 Burger Press Reviews
Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press
- It is designed for making stuffed burgers.
- Non-stick and dishwasher safe.
- It features 3 sections.
If you are looking for a highly versatile kitchen tool, then the Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press is a perfect option.
The little piece of equipment is ideal for stuffed burgers. We’re sure that you know how juicy and enjoyable a stuffed bugger is. They are also ideal for traditional burgers and sliders.
This Cuisinart hamburger press is pretty efficient and easy to use. Simply load the base with enough quantity of patty meat. Use the press one to compress the contents that you placed in the base. The outcome will be an impressive burger with a beautiful bowl-like indentation. You can then fill the indentation with your favorite choices of ingredients and additional meat.
The Cuisinart Burger Press is pretty fast and easy to use. It allows you to exercise your creativity and include a wide range of ingredients in your burger.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- Versatile and ideal for a range of hamburger types.
- Easy to use and effective.
- The diameter is considerably smaller.
Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press
- It is made from cast aluminum.
- The kitchenware features an adjustable patty thickness.
- Comes with a spring plunger button.
- Delivers a maximum patty weight of ¾ pounds.
The Weston Burger Express Burger Press makes it to this list for its amazing features. It comes with a heavy-duty cast iron construction. Such a feature makes it durable and perfectly ideal for home and small businesses.
This is another Best Hamburger Press that comes with a functional spring plunger button that tightly compacts the patty. It also helps to pop back the patty making the removal process a breeze. The versatile kitchenware is ideal for making sausage patties, stuffed burgers, and crab cakes, among other traditional recipes.
The burger former is made from high-quality cast aluminum. The material is nonstick and wipes clean.
This Weston burger press offers an adjustable patty thickness. So, you can adjust chunkiness to suit your preference. The smallest size is about ¼ inch while the largest patty size is the standard 1 ½ inch in thickness. It features a diameter of up to 4 ½ inches.
- Ejecting patties is pretty easy.
- You can have your preferred party sizes.
- It is non-stick and easy to clean.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
OVOS Aluminum Non-Stick Hamburger Press
- Made from heavy-duty aluminum.
- It is non-stick.
- It comes with 50 parchment papers.
The OVOS Aluminum Non-Stick Hamburger Press is arguably the best hamburger patty maker you can get your hands on. It features a heavy-duty aluminum material construction. It is designed and fabricated to serve you for a long time.
It features a non-stick material to ensure that your press remains clean with every patty that pops from it. However, every food preparation equipment needs proper cleaning after use. The OVOS product isn’t difficult to clean. Simply use warm soapy water every time you want to clean it.
The hamburger press for grill boasts a perfectly functional presser and plate. Besides, the presser and plate are designed to conveniently apply grill marks on every patty that you make. The marks are visible on both sides of your patty. The press offers even and effortless cooking of your hamburgers.
Using this simple kitchen tool is pretty easy and efficient, thanks to the included parchment paper. The manufacturer gifts you with 50 standard size parchment papers to ease the releasing of burgers from the hamburger maker. The papers are also great for BBQ use.
- Non-stick design is easy to clean.
- It makes standard-size patties.
- Simple and easy to use.
- The heavy-duty aluminum construction makes it durable.
- Patty thickness is not adjustable.
Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press
- It is made from a food-safe plastic material.
- It has a diameter of 4 inches.
- Each bugger weighs up to 0.5 inches.
- It comes with an interesting eBook.
If you are looking for a hamburger maker that will remain your perfect kitchen companion, then the Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press is precisely the kind of tool you are looking for. It is one of the best-selling 1/2 pound burger press on Amazon and other online stores.
A lot of flexibility comes with using this piece of tool. You can use it to make stuffed or ordinary patties. It makes patties of up to 4 inches and weighs a maximum of 0.5 pounds. So, the greatest benefit comes with the consistency that the machine brings to your table.
The most common challenge that both professionals and newbies experience when using patty makers is how to get them out of the devices. The Grillaholics tool makes the process incredibly easy. You can easily release your patties by simply lifting the bottom section.
The machine comes in a reliable and attractive package. This enhances safety during shipping and delivery. But more importantly, the entire set makes a perfect gift for your loved ones.
- It is versatile and ideal for all types of burgers.
- The tool is dishwasher safe.
- It is moderately priced.
- It features a wonderful design.
- The meat might stick occasionally.
LEM Non-Stick Adjustable Burger Press
- It is made from aluminum material.
- It features an adjustable patty thickness.
- The burger diameter is large.
Do you like hamburgers? Are you bored with the laborious process of hand molding your patties and looking for a way to jazz up the entire process? Do you like both stuffed and ordinary burgers?
The LEM Non-Stick Adjustable Burger Press is your ultimate answer to all the above questions. The company has been around for several years. It is famous for the production of high-quality meat processing products. The meat patty press maker is known for its versatility as it enables you to make stuffed and traditional patties.
You can adjust the patty thickness from as thin as ¼ inch to as thick as 1 inch which is often the normal burger thickness. As for the diameter, this tool guarantees patties that are 4.37 inches large.
- The adjustable thickness gives you a variety to choose from.
- It is non-stick and easy to clean.
- A little more weight could have brought better stability.
GWHOLE Non-Stick Burger Press
- It is made from food-grade aluminum.
- It comes with 100 wax papers.
- Features a detachable, non-slip plastic handle.
- The patty diameter is 4.3 inches.
- Patties are about 0.8 inches thick.
You can trust the GWHOLE Non-Stick Burger Press for easy and efficient patty making. It features a non-stick interior that is devoid of cracks. Such a feature enables easy cleaning. Besides, prepared patties are also easy to release from the prepping tool.
The meat might stick on burger makers even if the material is 100% non-stick. GWHOLE cushions you from the difficult process of removing sticky fatties from the press. The company includes 100 pieces of wax papers to use when making your burgers. The papers also come in handy when grilling.
The metal hamburger press features an aluminum alloy construction. That means that it is perfectly sturdy and durable. Besides, the food-grade nature of the aluminum material makes it safe for use.
Talk about the handle! The device comes with a non-slip plastic handle that is ergonomic and comfortable to use. It doesn’t heat up so there is no possibility that it will burn your hands. Besides, the handle is removable hence cleaning is pretty easy.
- It is versatile and can be used as a grill plate.
- You can easily dismantle and clean.
- The non-slip handle doesn’t heat up.
- The entire set is usable over a direct heat source.
- You will need parchment papers throughout.
Amy Non-Stick Burger Press
- Made from a food-grade plastic material.
- It features a reliable non-stick coating.
- It is a 3-in-1 culinary tool.
The Amy Non-Stick Burger Press is one of the best hamburger press machines for commercial and home use. It is a 3 in 1 burger maker with the flexibility to help you make any types of burgers you want. You can easily use it to make perfectly round sliders, regular patties, and stuffed burgers.
It is one of the few burger presses in this list that are made from a plastic material. If you are a fan of plastic burger makers, then you’ll love this one.
However, plastic is a turn off for so many prospective buyers. That should not be the case with Amy press tool.
The type of plastic used in the manufacturing of this plastic burger press is nonstick so you can easily release the patties. The material is also BPA-free and food-grade so there are no safety concerns.
Again, while plastic is often considered less durable, the manufacturer puts a lifetime assurance on this product which makes it suitable for strenuous service over a long time. You certainly won’t go wrong with this piece of tool.
- Makes burger in the size of a bun.
- Comes with a range of flexibility.
- It is easy to clean.
- Not ideal for making patties on a large scale.
Weber 6483 Original Burger Press
- It is adjustable.
- Features an ergonomic handle.
- It creates a unique dimple in the middle of every patty.
You can now enjoy making half and quarter-pound burgers right from your kitchen, thanks to the Weber 6483 Original Burger Press. The large hamburger press features an ergonomic handle that is pretty comfortable and easy to use. You can easily detach the handle for proper and convenient cleaning.
Another illustrious feature of this Weber hamburger press is its adjustability. You have the option to choose between making half a pound or quarter-pound burgers. The adjustability feature gives you the flexibility to choose different patty weight for different occasions.
If you are a pro when it comes to burger making, then you know that uniform burgers are more presentable. The Weber 6483 is a large burger shaper, but it serves round burgers every time.
How? The trick lies in the dimple that comes with this device. Burgers often rise during grilling to form regular or irregular dome shapes. This dimple counteracts the rising action during grilling to form perfectly round burgers. The thickness also remains uniform.
- Using the handle is easy and comfortable.
- It creates uniform burgers.
- The press is stylish, sleek, and presentable.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- Though it is nonstick, it doesn’t come with additional patty release features.
- It is considerably bulkier than most hamburger makers.
MiiKO Stuffed Burger Press
- It is a 3 in 1 burger press.
- Patty diameter is adjustable.
- Made from a food-grade plastic material.
- It comes with a detailed recipe eBook.
The Best Stuffed Burger Press by MiiKO comes with a 3 in 1 mechanism. So, like all the other three in ones, it will help you to make sliders, stuffed burgers, and traditional burgers. You can, therefore, enjoy different types of burgers with a range of seasonings.
It is made from food-grade plastic. This means that the burger maker is perfectly suitable for use in your kitchen. The plastic material and the entire kitchen accessory is also dishwasher safe. Thus, cleaning the patty maker is a breeze.
The fact that you can easily adjust your patty diameter provides a lot of flexibility. The system allows you to easily shift the varieties of your patties at will from 2 ½ inches and 4 inches in diameter. Besides, the kitchen accessory is ribbed to allow easy searing.
Though the plastic material features non-slip capabilities, you may need to use parchment papers to make patty removal more efficient.
- Enjoy a versatile variety of burgers.
- The eBook is ideal for both starters and seasoned chefs.
- It is safe for machine cleaning.
- The ergonomic handle is easy to hold.
- It requires manual indentation to make sliders.
- The user manual isn’t detailed.
BBQ-Aid Burger Press
- Stainless steel burger press combined with porcelain parts.
- You can make 5-inch diameter patties.
BBQ-Aid is renowned in the manufacturing of simple grilling tools. This stainless steel hamburger press is one of the most notable grilling tools from the company. It is simple and perfectly easy to use. You can easily make professionally round hamburgers for your guests and family.
The style stands out from the rest. If your style of kitchen equipment is stainless steel and porcelain, then the BBQ-Aid Burger Press is the right choice. The bottom features a stable stainless steel construction while the press is made from porcelain. This incredible combination allows you to sink and press the patty with ease.
Making the finest burgers goes beyond molding patties to even grill your burgers. Molding patties is a complex process if you don’t have the right skill and equipment.
However, uniform grilling is even more difficult. This 5 inch hamburger press ensures that your grilling is proper and even with perfect grooves on each side.
- Durable and delivers many years of service.
- It creates groves for convenience and even grilling.
- It is fairly priced.
- The press is non-adjustable.
How to Choose The Best Burger Press
Just like with every other kitchen equipment, choosing the ideal burger patty press is an uphill task. This simple guide should help you through this tedious process.
What should an ideal burger press be made from? While there is no single answer to this question, be guided that the material of construction determines the durability of your patty maker.
Common materials include porcelain, stainless steel, and aluminum. You’ll also find other variations like plastic and wooden hamburger press.
We advise that you choose a metal burger press except when you have a solid reason against metallic options, i.e. portability.
- Ease Of Cleaning
All utensils should be easy to clean. A hamburger maker is no exception. Check if the equipment of choice is dishwasher safe or not. If it isn’t, then at least it should be non-stick and easy to clean by hand. A patty press that has detachable parts is easier to clean and maintain.
This feature not only enhances easy cleaning but also comes in handy when you want to release your patty from the machine. Be on the lookout for non-stick coating in the equipment’s interior. Also, check the availability of patty papers as these will make your work easier.
- Ergonomic Handle
Patty makers are manual pieces of tools. Therefore, the handle will largely determine comfort during patty prepping. Look out for ergonomic handles.
How to Use Burger Press Properly
The most vital aspect of making burgers from home is that you have the convenience of being flexible with your ingredients. The process is simple and you don’t need to be a trained chef to hack it.
You will need minced meat, flavors of your choice, and beaten egg to bind them together. Mold your ingredients in the burger press and cook in your desired method. You can grill, fry, or BBQ.
The Basic Tips Are-
- Clean the tool thoroughly on arrival.
- Place or install the device on a plain, level surface
- Ensure that the base is stable.
- Remove the handle to expose the dish at the bottom.
- Put your ingredients in the dish.
- Apply reasonable pressure using the press.
- Include seasonings and top up appropriately.
How to Clean and Maintain Your Burger Press
The first question that you should often ask yourself before you begin cleaning your burger maker is whether it is dishwasher safe or not. Whatever the case, the following steps are essential-
- Remove any patty papers or ingredient pieces.
- Detach any separable parts.
- Put all the parts in a dishwasher and clean.
- If it is not dishwasher safe, then hand-wash with soapy water.
- Do not use strong detergents.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Allow drying in the open air.
Q: What is The Best Non Stick Burger Press?
A: If you are looking for the True One then you can check our recommended Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press. The patty maker made of cast aluminum and the surface is nonstick enough to release the patty easily.
Q: How Burger Press Works?
A: The working process of a burger press is very easy to understand. You just need to place a meatball inside the dish and press the lid to make the burger patty. Pressing harder will make the patty thinner.
Q: How Many Patties Can Make at a Time Using a Single Press?
A: Generally a single burger press can make a single patty at a time. But now multi-patty makers also available in the market. But they are not as good as a single one.
Q: Is There Any Drawbacks of Using Hamburger Press?
A: There are no disadvantages to using the hamburger press. Even it will make your burger better. But you should choose the right hamburger press to do the task easily and quickly. Also using a non-toxic and healthy hamburger press is also important for healthy living.
Q: Can I Use My Hamburger Press for Any Type of Burger Recipe?
A: Yes. You can use them for veggies or meat or any kind of burger recipe.
Q: How Much Should a Burger Patty Weight?
A: It will depend on the amount of meat you are using. Generally, it’s 4 to 6 ounces.
Homemade burgers are a delicacy for everyone. However, the process can get messy pretty soon without a burger press. These patty makers make your work easier, clean, and more professional.
You do not want them to misbehave when you’re at a gathering, preparing delicious burgers for your guests.
That’s why choosing the best burger press is important. Not only they’ll deliver perfectly sized, delicious patties every time, but they’ll also last for a long time to serve you.
Hopefully, this comprehensive burger press review guide will help you in your pursuit.