Last Updated On January 1st, 2021
There is no doubt that cooking in an induction cooktop is much easier than other cooktops. The cooking will be faster but with less mess. As a result, you can clean the utensils effortlessly. But all cookware sets are not safe for use with an induction stovetop. Even you can’t cook on induction with most of the traditional cookware set. Though most of the brands claim their product is 100% induction safe, that doesn’t mean you should order that without verifying. Rather, you should know what cookware sets are ready to cook in an induction cooktop.
Finding the best induction cookware set is time-consuming and requires some expertise. But what if you are a newbie and you don’t know how to pick the best cookware for induction cooktop? Well, here I am going to share the detailed buying guide to pick the right induction range cookware which is helpful for both newbies and experts. Moreover, I am going to share the exclusive list of top rated induction cookware so that you don’t have to search again.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What is the Best Induction Cookware Set?
- 2 Best Induction Cookware Reviews – Top 10 Products
- 2.1 1. The Sous Chef Induction Cookware Set
- 2.2 2. T-fal C836SD Ultimate Stainless Steel Copper Bottom Cookware Set
- 2.3 3. GreenPan CC000675-001 Valencia Pro Cookware Set
- 2.4 4. Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- 2.5 5. T-fal C515SC Professional Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set
- 2.6 6. Duxtop SSIB-17 Professional Stainless Steel Induction Cookware Set
- 2.7 7. Vremi 8 Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
- 2.8 8. All-Clad HA1 8-Piece Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
- 2.9 9. Cook N Home 10-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- 2.10 10. Magma Products, A10-360L-IND, Cookware Set
- 3 What is the Best Non Stick Pan for Induction?
- 4 How to Choose the Best Cookware for Induction Cooktop?
- 5 Final Words
What is the Best Induction Cookware Set?
- The Sous Chef Induction Cookware Set (Best Value and High-End)
- T-fal C836SD Ultimate Stainless Steel Copper Bottom 13 PC Cookware Set (Best Stainless Steel)
- GreenPan Valencia Pro Cookware Set (Best Non Stick)
- Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set (Professional Grade)
- T-fal Professional Nonstick Cookware Dishwasher Safe Pots and Pans Set (Budget-Friendly)
What Type of Cookware is Best for Induction?
Before you place an order for an induction cooktop compatible cookware set, you should know which type is best. If you think in general, induction-ready cookware is also suitable for gas and electric stovetop. But all cookware not suitable for the induction range.
First of all, you should know the mechanism of an induction cooktop. If you think of the electric stovetop or gas stovetop, both have visible thermal conductivity. They directly heat the cookware for cooking. But induction stovetop uses electromagnetism to transfer heat. But the electromagnetic field itself can’t do the whole process, it requires to combine with compatible cookware. Pans or pots made of magnetic metal can perform the best and also must for an induction cooktop.
There is a misconception that if your cookware comes with at least 3-ply, you can use it for induction cooking. But the fact is, the cookware must have a magnetic stainless steel or iron base for cooking. Copper or any other non-magnetic cookware is not suitable for induction cooking. So, instead of checking how many layers in the cookware, you should check what the bottom material of the cookware is.
Quick Overview of 3 Best Induction Cookware Sets
Best Induction Cookware Reviews – Top 10 Products
Choosing the right cookware from a bunch of products is so difficult. For your convenience, a team of experts has tested more than 30 products to find the best pots and pans for induction cooking and finally selected the 10 best rated induction cookware sets which are shared below.
1. The Sous Chef Induction Cookware Set
This is the USA made products which come as a complete set of pots and pans for induction stove. There are 10 utensils in the set and constructed from 18/10 stainless steel. All essential items are included in the set so that you can cook a variety of food items. The stainless steel construction support to cook in an induction without any trouble. The utensils come with a 5-ply composition that ensures faster cooking.
The top induction cookware set doesn’t require much care and the cooking surface is nonstick. Food particles won’t stick to the surface and the utensils remain mess-free. The SS material prevents the cookware from getting corrosion, rust, and scratch. The combination of durable construction and mess-free surface guarantee longevity. Overall, this set would be the best option if you have no budget problem and looking for stainless steel induction pans and pots with top quality.
- The set includes four lids.
- Brushed stainless steel finish for a shiny look.
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Thicker walls for heat conductivity.
- Heat evenly for well cooking.
- PFOA-free material for health safety.
- Pots are oven save up to 800 degrees and pans are up to 500 degrees.
- It is expensive and not affordable for all.
This set of top-grade stainless steel cookware comes from the famous kitchen utensils brand T-fal. Like any other item of this brand, this set ensures top quality and optimum performance. There is 13 piece of utensils including best induction frying pans, saucepan, lids, and stainless steel steamer. Cooking a variety of recipes is not a big matter with this set. You can prepare almost any type of meal for your family or a party.
This T-fal induction cookware set comes with multiple layers of copper and stainless steel. The visible copper base helps to transfer heat quickly and evenly as a result you can cook faster. Transparent Lids with handles are included with the set for users’ convenience. While compared to the previous one, this set comes with a very low price.
- 18/10 stainless steel for durability.
- The stainless steel interior prevents food from sticking.
- Tempered glass lids trap in heat and moisture.
- Durable handles for users’ convenience.
- The utensils are dishwasher safe.
- Oven safe up to 500°F.
- Suitable for a wide range of stovetops.
- The copper bottom loses its color easily.
- Burning food can stick on the surface.
3. GreenPan CC000675-001 Valencia Pro Cookware Set
Are you ready to spend enough to get a top-quality nonstick induction cookware set? If yes, you should go for the GreenPan CC000675-001 cookware set which comes with 11 pieces of utensils. This is also one of the Best Non Stick Induction Cookware sets currently available in the market. The set includes skillets, casserole, fry pan, saucepan and more. So, cooking a variety of food items is easy with the set. You can use it for cooking the main dishes. The larger capacity allows for preparing enough meals for a party or a larger family.
The utensils set come with the Magneto technology that ensures your cookware will never warp, wobble or scratch over time. This is useful for durability and longevity. The main material is metal and it comes with a ceramic nonstick coating. There are no toxic materials used in the set. People who are looking for the best pans for induction cooktop can choose this one also. Because the set comes with 3 pieces of essential Frying Pans and Skillets for everyday cooking. So you don’t need to buy an extra piece of pan or skillet.
- Fast and even heating for well-cooked food.
- Doesn’t require seasoning.
- Suitable to use with induction and other stovetops.
- Pots and saucepans come with the cover.
- PFOA, lead, and cadmium free material.
- The durable easy gripping handle.
- The price is comparatively high.
- Heavy usage can wear off the nonstick coating.
4. Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Cuisinart is one of the best brands for kitchen utensils. They always bring the best accessories for the kitchen and the MCP-12N Multiclad Pro cookware set is one of them. There are 12 essential pots, pans and lids in the set for making different recipes. Each utensil has stainless steel construction and a nonstick surface. So, you can cook with less oil and clean with less hassle. Furthermore, the pots and pans are dishwasher friendly, so you can also put them on the dishwasher for quick and easy cleaning.
The triple-ply construction with 18/10 SS makes the Cuisinart induction cookware extremely durable and heats conductive. The surface heat evenly and spread it for faster cooking. The bottom is smooth enough to use on induction or any kind of glass top stoves. It won’t create any scratches or damage the cooker if handle with care. Overall, this is one of the Best Cookware for Induction Stove that comes with affordable prices.
- Larger and smaller pots for a variety of recipes.
- Tight lid for faster cooking.
- The utensils are oven safe up to 550F.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction for longevity.
- Brushed stainless steel finishing for an attractive look.
- Lids have a comfortable handle.
- Extreme heat can damage the nonstick coating.
- Keep the utensils in wet condition can cause rust.
5. T-fal C515SC Professional Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set
There are tons of products for use with an induction cooktop. But most of them are costly which everyone can’t afford. If you are on a tight budget and want to get a complete set of cookware, this T-fal C515SC set would be a great choice. You will get all the essential utensils that require for regular cooking. There are pots, pans, saucepan, stockpot, lids, Nylon kitchen utensils, and a steamer in the set. The pots come with lids that are also oven safe as like the pots and pans.
Unlike most hard anodized cookware, it comes with a durable nonstick coating surface for preventing sticking foods. There will be no burning even if you are using less oil. The set is constructed with the heat mastery system which is a combination of three different materials to make the items durable. Moreover, the set is compatible with all glass stovetops including induction.
- Riveted handles for users’ handiness.
- Long-lasting nonstick coating.
- Stay-cool silicone handles for safety.
- Pots and pans of different sizes for all styles of cooking.
- Oven safe to 400 degrees F.
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean surface.
- The utensils cook the food in a slow and time-consuming process.
6. Duxtop SSIB-17 Professional Stainless Steel Induction Cookware Set
Sometimes the cookware items get scratched just because of the right tools. But if you are going to buy the Duxtop SSIB-17 professional induction cookware set, there won’t be such issues. This is a complete set of 17 utensils where you will get three kitchen utensils to keep the nonstick coating safe. Besides the tools, there are pans, pots, saucepans, stockpot, and saute. You can call this set all-rounder. You can go for any cooking style with this set.
The main material of this Duxtop induction cookware set is 18/10 commercial grade stainless steel. The heavy gauge surface makes the items heat conductive. Also, they are long-lasting and require less care. All the pots and pans come with comfortable handles that provide comfortable gripping. This stainless steel induction Cookware will give you the best experience of cooking on an induction stovetop.
- Suitable for cooktop including induction.
- Aluminum encapsulated bottom.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel nonstick interior.
- Oven safe up to 550 degrees F.
- Suitable to store foods in the freezer.
- Lids come with a handlebar.
- Boiler and steam basket for a variety of cooking.
- The utensils are not completely scratch-proof.
7. Vremi 8 Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
Most of the induction cooktop cookware set come in the same style and they are only for cooking. But it can be disappointing when you want to have a unique style and besides cooking and want to serve the food items in the cookware items. Thanks to Vremi for their best ceramic nonstick cookware set where you will get 8 pieces of items. They come with a stylish look with a blue finish. It will beautify your kitchen. Once your cooking is complete, you can directly serve in the pots. You will receive 2 Dutch oven pots, 1 casserole pot, and 2 angled frying pan skillets with this ceramic induction cookware set.
The main body is constructed from non-toxic die-cast aluminum and the nonstick surface comes with a ceramic coating. Lids have a wood-tone handle that remains cool during cooking for the users’ convenience. Overall, this is one of the best ceramic induction cookware set within this price range.
- Constructed with the oven safety feature.
- Induction cooking friendly interior and exterior.
- Different color options for the utensils.
- Hassle-free cleaning and dishwasher safe.
- Tight lids for faster cooking.
- Steam release design for perfect cooking.
- Doesn’t contain any toxic material.
- Handles are large enough for comfortable handling.
- Nonstick coating is long-lasting as expected.
8. All-Clad HA1 8-Piece Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
If you don’t care about the price as far as the quality is great, you should spend your money on this All Clad induction cookware set which comes with 8 pieces of kitchen utensils. The set includes saucepans, fry pans, and a stockpot. The pots include lids for preparing your foods faster. The hard-anodized construction makes the utensils heavily durable that last longer than ordinary kitchen accessories. The interior is designed with stainless steel for making the surface nonstick. There is less hassle for cleaning the surface as it causes less mess.
All the pots and pans come with a comfortable and durable rivet handle for easy handling. No matter wherever you are using this item, they are suitable for a wide range of stovetops including induction.
- Ensures even heating for well-cooked foods.
- Doesn’t contain any harmful materials.
- The nonstick surface prevents sticking food particles.
- Utensils are oven safe up to 500 degrees F.
- Anti-Warp base enhances the life of the set.
- Dishwasher safe for effortless cleaning.
- Comes with expensive price.
- The handles are not long enough to handle the pot comfortably with foods.
9. Cook N Home 10-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
It is not always essential to spend lots of money to buy the best induction ready cookware set. Particularly, if you want the set only for regular cooking. Well, if you don’t have much budget and you want to have the best cookware set for induction without losing the essential features, this Cook N Home cookware set is highly recommended for you. There are 10 utensils in the set to complete your daily cooking. In this set, you will receive 1 and 2 qt saucepans, 3 qt casserole pan, 5 qt stockpot, and a 10 in. frying pan with lids.
All the utensils are constructed from 18-10 stainless steel for healthy cooking and durability. Also, there is an aluminum disc layer in the bottom for even heat distribution and faster cooking. All the pots and pans have a comfortable silicone-covered handle and it remains cool during cooking.
- Suitable for a wide range of cooking styles.
- Ready to use with induction.
- The utensils are dishwasher safe.
- Easy to cook with less oil for a healthy meal.
- Tempered lids to observe the cooking process.
- Price is affordable for all.
- The surface gets scratches easily.
- Not suitable to use in the oven.
10. Magma Products, A10-360L-IND, Cookware Set
Do you have minimal space in the kitchen and you want to have stackable cookware set for induction something that you can store conveniently? Then you must order the Magma Products, A10-360L-IND cookware set. Once you have completed cooking, you can store the whole set within 1/2 cubic feet of space. There are 10 pieces of utensils for a variety of works.
Like the previous one, this best cookware for induction range is also made of 18-10 stainless steel for extreme strength. The nonstick surface allows cooking with less oil and releases food easily. The encapsulated Tri-Clad which is a combination of stainless steel, aluminum, and magnetic-stainless steel is used in the bottom construction. The bottom is flat and it ensures even heating.
- A convenient way to store.
- Works perfectly with the induction cooktop.
- Nonstick surface to prevent food from sticking.
- Dishwasher safe for comfortable cleaning.
- Comes with Bungee’s storage cord.
- Oven safe for a variety of cooking methods.
- Handles of the pots and pans are not comfortable.
- Not the best cookware to cook with a gas oven.
What is the Best Non Stick Pan for Induction?
- T-fal E938S3 Professional Nonstick Fry Pan
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Nonstick Skillet Set
- GreenPan Chatham Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan
- Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri
- MICHELANGELO Nonstick Copper Frying Pan with Lid
Everyone may don’t need to buy a full set of induction cookware, especially when upgrading or changing the existing cookware set. You may need a single piece or two pieces of induction compatible frying pan or skillet. So here we are going to recommend some best pan for induction cooktop. Let’s check below and find your desired frying pan for induction hob.
T-fal E938S3 Professional Nonstick Fry Pan
A titanium nonstick fry pan can make your induction cooking easy and comfortable. They are nonstick enough to cook food with less oil, release food easily and need very less effort for cleaning. The T-fal E938S3 Professional Fry Pan set comes with three different sizes of the frying pan with the full induction compatible feature. However, you can also buy a single piece of the frying pan instead of the whole set.
Anyway, like most other T-Fal fry pans, this pan also comes with Thermo-spot technology. This technology ensures rapid and even heat transfer that saves energy as well as cook food evenly and quickly. There is a thick induction base available in the bottom area that also helps transfer heat evenly. And the long silicone handle with a secure grip stays cool for a long time and perfect for easy handling. Overall, this is one of the Best Non Stick Induction Pan that available at a very reasonable price.
Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Nonstick Skillet Set
A stainless steel skillet is perfect for making hundreds of recipes. And the combination of an induction cooktop and a professional-grade steel skillet will make it easier. However, the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Nonstick Skillet Set is a professional-grade skillet made of 18/10 stainless steel. The mirror exterior finish of this pan will increase your kitchen’s beauty.
The inner cooking surface is perfectly coated with a nonstick coating. This coating is free from any kind of harmful chemicals. So there is nothing to worry about healthy cooking with this skillet. It’s perfect for making sauces, cooking vegetables or meats. The Nonstick surface also makes it easy to clean and the skillet is also dishwasher safe. You will get two pieces of skillet in the package; one is 9 inch and another is 11 inches. So this is also one of the best-budget skillet for induction cooktop.
GreenPan Chatham Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan
A good-quality ceramic pan comes with several features. They are durable, nonstick, scratch proof, and lightweight. So handling is also easy. And the GreenPan Chatham Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan is one of them that also comes with several features and a unique design.
The nonstick surface is coated with GreenPan’s Thermolon ceramic nonstick coating that is free from any kind of toxic materials. This coating also makes the pan nonstick enough for oil-free cooking and easy cleaning. The pan distributes heat evenly and it’s also ovenproof up to 600 degrees F.
Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri
Having a stone frying pan as Seen On TV will increase your kitchen’s beauty as well as makes your cooking fun. The Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri is one of the best-selling and top rated pan that is used by several professional chefs on their TV show and Kitchen.
The inner cooking surface is made of high-grade stone that is free from APEO, GenX, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA and other harmful chemicals. The main body is made of high-grade aluminum that makes it highly durable. There is also a magnetic base used in the bottom area for rapid heat transfer in the induction stove. Overall, this is a stylish pan with a high nonstick cooking surface and a durable body.
MICHELANGELO Nonstick Copper Frying Pan with Lid
Using a high-end copper pan also a great idea as they are nonstick, durable and tolerate high heat. The MICHELANGELO Nonstick Copper Frying Pan comes with a long handle and a tempered glass lid. The nonstick surface is coated with ceramic and titanium coating that makes it highly nonstick as well as scratch proof. That means you can use metal utensils while cooking.
Another great feature of this pan is, it can heat-up quickly and transfer heat evenly. There is a magnetic spiral base in the bottom area that makes it induction friendly. You can also use the pan on other cooktops like gas, electric, ceramic or halogen stovetop. Like the previous one, this pan also oven safe and it’s also dishwasher safe.
How to Choose the Best Cookware for Induction Cooktop?
It’s not tough to find some cookware online that has a tag of induction cooking. But only because the product description is saying it is induction safe doesn’t mean you should spend money on it. There are some particular things that you must consider before buying induction safe cookware. Here are the must-have features –
The first thing you need to look for in cookware is its substance. The item that you are going to buy must have a magnetic material. The bottom should attract a magnet because the induction stovetop only produces an electromagnetic field. So, you can place a piece of magnet on the pot or pan to test it. If it passes the test, it is an induction ready cookware.
However, when you are buying online, it is not possible to test with a magnet. So, look for the product description to know what the raw materials for the cookware are. The most suitable materials are cast iron, iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, etc. They are compatible with induction cooking as well as safe for healthy cooking. But if it comes with aluminum or copper construction, don’t go for it.
- Match the Sizing with the Induction Top
The size of the induction top should match your cookware utensils. If the pan or pot doesn’t cover at least 70% of the induction, you shouldn’t buy that item. So, before you finalize a product, look for its dimension and match the size with the induction.
The easier way to understand if the pan or pot will work properly is, when you put the cookware on the induction, the cooking surface shouldn’t be visible. Otherwise, it may cause some serious issues as there are different utensils in the kitchen including knives which can get attracted by the induction surface. Besides the size, the thickness of cookware also plays a vital role. The recommended thickness for best induction pots and pans is between 2mm to 6mm. Also, the bottom should be flat to cook smoothly.
- Type of Cooking Surface
As I have mentioned before, the material is important. So, look for which surface does your cookware has. There is a wide range of cooking surface you will find in different products. The best induction cookware should have stainless steel, cast iron, ceramic coated, and more. Among them, stainless steel would be a good choice as it doesn’t require any seasoning or oiling regularly. Ceramic coating is also great as they are nonstick and prevents sticking food particles on the surface.
- Type of Your Cooking
There are both single piece cookware and a set of cookware. You need to find out what you want to do. For instance, if you are looking for cookware which you will use only for cooking regular meals, a set of 2 or 3 piece set is enough. However, if you want to use induction cookware for a particular type of meal, pick a single piece item which will be cost-effective.
- Compatibility with Traditional Stovetop
Okay, buying pots and pans for induction cooking doesn’t mean you will use them only for the induction stovetop. You may want to use them equally with other stovetops such as gas and electric stovetops. So, the item that you are purchasing should compatible with other cooking methods. Read the product description properly to stay clear if you can use it for other cooktops or not.
- Handle and Lid
You are looking for an easier option that saves time, right? So, besides the essential features, look for the quality and construction quality of the handles and lids. There are mainly two types of handles which are – stay-cool handle and handle that get hot. Stay cool handles come with a silicone cover that makes it easier to handle the pot or pan during cooking. The silicone covering is also beneficial for perfect gripping.
The handle should come in a smooth finishing and it should long enough to keep your fingers in a safe distance from the cooking surface. If the selected item has a lid, the handle on the lid is required. The lid should be heat conductive so that you can cook faster.
Tips to Follow While Cooking with Induction
Cooking in induction is fun if you know the proper way. If you want to stay safe from any accident caused by overheating or anything else, here are some tips for you.
- Keep magnetic utensils such as knives, spoons, and other things away from the induction.
- Read the user manual to follow the optimal temperature rule for cooking.
- Keep your sound recorder, camera, a television at a safe distance from the induction.
- Regulate the temperature during cooking to avoid overheating.
- Never set the temperature at the highest level.
- Turn off the induction in advance to save energy and it won’t be an issue as the surface remain hot for a long time.
- Wipe the cooking surface with a wet cloth once it is cool.
- Never use a rough scrubber to clean the induction surface. Instead, use neutral detergent.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Kind of Pans Can You Use on an Induction Cooktop?
A: Cast Iron, Black Iron, Carbon Steel or any kind of Iron Pans works great with the induction cooktop. But as cast iron or iron pans are heavy in weight and their bottom surface is not even, so there is a big chance of damaging your cooktop.
That’s why nowadays, different induction friendly pans available in the market. They are mostly made of Copper, Stainless Steel, Ceramic or Hard Anodized Aluminum. But their bottom comes with a magnetic base to work with the induction cooktop properly.
Q: What is the Best Induction Cookware Brand?
A: There are several cookware brands available in the market with induction friendly pots and pans. Some top induction cookware brands are Made In, Cuisinart, T-Fal, Anolon, Circulon, All-Clad, etc.
Q: Do I Need Special Pots for Induction Cooking?
A: Yes. Induction cooking Pots must be made of magnetic-based materials like cast iron or magnetic stainless steel.
Q: What Happens If You Use a Normal Pan on an Induction Hob?
A: If you use a normal pan that not contains any magnetic-base or material at the bottom of the pan will remain cold.
Q: Do Chefs Prefer Gas or Induction?
A: According to PATTI TESTERMAN from EURO KERA, Professional Chefs love induction heating because of quick heating, proper heat control and fast cooking.
But heating and cooking time are most important for a large number of recipes. It will make affect the taste of the food. So some Chefs love gas cooking instead of induction.
Q: Is Induction Better Than Gas?
A: The major difference between Induction and Gas stovetop is efficiency. Induction is more efficient than the gas stove regarding energy.
Q: Can Nonstick Pans Be Used on Induction Stove?
A: Yes. If the nonstick pan comes with a magnetic base then it will work with an induction stove.
Q: Are There Any Health Issues With Induction Cooking?
A: Induction stove produces very low-frequency radiation like the microwave. So you must not close to the induction while using to avoid health issues.
Q: Can Induction Compatible Cookware Be Used On Electric or Gas Stove?
A: Yes. Almost all induction compatible cookware is also compatible with electric or gas stoves.
Q: Can Rock Granite Cookware Be Used with Induction Cooktops?
A: Yes only if the Rock Granite Cookware Bottom comes with a magnetic base.
Here, I have shared the list of the best induction cookware according to expert opinion and performance. Based on the model and the price, quality and price may vary. But each product is the best at that particular budget range. You can pick any of the items that best match your requirements. If you are confused about which one will be better for you, read the buying guide to know what are the best pots and pans for induction cooking.
- Induction cooking – Wikipedia
- What is an Induction Hob and how does it work? – BOSCH
- Health Issues with Induction Cooktops – Hello Motherhood
- Induction vs. Gas vs. Electric Cooktops – Pcrichard