We all like delicious meals. But more interestingly, we like delicious meals served appealingly. Even if you don’t, then the rest of your friends or family do, that’s for sure.
One of the most appealing ways to serve delicacies is by using the Best Ramekins. While you will usually see these pieces of utensils in hotels and restaurants, you can’t question their importance in your little kitchen.
Well, to ensure that we are not talking Greek to you, let’s handle a few basics.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Quick Overview of 5 Best Ramekins
- 2 Top 10 Ramekins Reviews
- 2.1 Delling Geometric 8 Oz Porcelain Ramekins Oven Safe
- 2.2 Norpro 8oz/240ml Porcelain Ramekins
- 2.3 Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- 2.4 WERTIOO 6 Oz Ramekin Bowls
- 2.5 Sweese 501.001 Porcelain Soufflé Dishes
- 2.6 ACCGUAN 6 OZ Ramekin Dishes
- 2.7 Duido Soufflé Dish Ramekins
- 2.8 DOWAN 4 Oz Porcelain Ramekins (Souffle Dish Ramekins)
- 2.9 Sweese 509.001 Porcelain Round Ramekins for Baking
- 2.10 LE TAUCI Dipping Sauces
- 3 How To Choose The Best Ramekins
Quick Overview of 5 Best Ramekins
|Delling Geometric Porcelain Ramekins||4.9/5||Brand: DELLING|
Quantity: 6 Pieces
Capacity: 350 ml
Weight: 2.6 Pounds
|Norpro Porcelain Ramekins||4.8/5||Brand: Norpro|
Quantity: 4 Pieces
Capacity: 240 ml
Weight: 1 Pound
|Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins||4.9/5||Brand: Bellemain|
Quantity: 6 Pieces
Capacity: 120 ml
Weight: 2.29 Pounds
|WERTIOO Ramekin Bowls||4.9/5||Brand: WERTIOO|
Quantity: 8 Pieces
Capacity: 180 ml
Weight: 3.5 Pounds
|Sweese 501.001 Porcelain Souffle Dishes||4.8/5||Brand: Sweese|
Quantity: 6 Pieces
Capacity: 240 ml
Weight: 3.1 Pounds
What Is Ramekins?
These are typically circular heatproof dishes that feature fluted exteriors. Like you would expect with most culinary products and terms, ramekins have a French origin. They are considered the smallest versions of the more famous soufflé dishes which feature a similar make.
What Are Ramekins Used For?
There are 3 key functions of ramekins.
Firstly, they are used as baking dishes for some popular foods like bread and cakes. The crème Brulee is a perfect example of a dish that will come out better when prepared in a ramekin.
Secondly, you can also serve your guests in the perfect sizes of ramekins. They come in handy for serving portions of dips, pates, flavored mayonnaise, tapenade, and herbed butter, just to mention a few.
Thirdly, you can use them in your kitchen to prep dishes with considerably little amounts of vital ingredients. This comes in handy if you like to cook in an organized way.
Don’t have a ramekin set? Order new ramekins set from below or Check This Post to know what can you use instead of ramekins.
Types Of Ramekins
Depending on the material they are made from, ramekins are divided into the following types-
- Glass Ramekins- These are considerably thinner than their counterparts. You can use them for hot water. They are most ideal for baking recipes that require consistent temperature as they are prone to shattering in case of sudden temperature changes.
- Silicone Ramekins- The core benefit of silicone ramekins is that they are non-stick, hence they will perform tremendously for sticky foods. They are also perfect for light baking activities such as tea cakes, muffins, and bread among others.
- Ceramic Ramekins/ Porcelain Ramekins- Ceramic is the conventional material that ramekins are made from. They hold up heat better, hence more ideal for service as you can take them straight from the oven to the table. Any dishes like casseroles that are better taken warm are ideally served in ceramic or porcelain ramekins.
- Metal Ramekins- Common metallic materials that ramekins are made from include aluminum, cast iron, copper, and steel. These metallic materials are considerably better heat conductors, thus they are the most ideal options for cooking. If you intend to bake any dishes that require high heat, then they are a good option.
What Size Ramekins Should I Buy
This is a common question among prospective ramekins buyers. While these little dishes come in a variety of sizes, each size is tailored to meet your serving desserts or baking objectives. To make the best choice, you first need to know what you need.
The following are some of the most popular souffle dish sizes available.
- 1-2 OZ – These are the smallest sizes available. They are most ideal for holding condiments such as ketchup, BBQ sauce, guacamole, or chipotle. They are also useful for serving appetizers such as edamame or honey, herbs, and spices. Alternatively, use them as tea lights or tea candles to spice up your room.
- 3-5 OZ – Apart from holding condiments, these dishes are also perfect for serving mini-desserts. You can, therefore, use them for serving crème Brulee or pudding.
- 6 OZ – By and large, 6 OZ Ramekins are arguably the most versatile options. They are a brilliant category for serving portions of cheese, desserts, and Mac. They also come in handy for baking small amounts of delicacies.
- 7-9 OZ – This category of small bowls is remarkably versatile. They are standard ramekin sizes for serving moderate portions of meals such as salads, chips, or popcorns. They also come in handy for preparing a range of desserts that are ideal for two people. A good example is the choco lava cake.
- 8-12 OZ – This category contains the largest sizes. They are used for baking or preparing a range of savories or entrees. Common examples of meals that you can prepare in them include lasagna, French onion soup, and shepherd’s pie among others.
Top 10 Ramekins Reviews
Delling Geometric 8 Oz Porcelain Ramekins Oven Safe
- They can withstand temperatures of up to 520◦
- It is made from porcelain.
- The set consists of six dishes.
Dessert bowls, ramekin cups, Crème Brulee dishes or whatever name you want to give them, Delling Geometric 8 Oz Porcelain Ramekins are by far one of the most versatile soufflé dishes that you will find in the market. Their versatility comes as a result of the 8 oz. capacity that the manufacturer gives them.
The special sizing makes them ideal for both cooking and serving special dishes. You can bake special cake portions or prepare your salads in the porcelain dishes. Besides, the 350ml capacity makes them ideal for serving fruit pudding, macaroon, ice cream, and a range of salads during breakfast or as desserts.
The design of these little kitchenware puts an unbeatable sense of style in them. Thus, the white bowls not only decorate your cupboard and table but extends the elegance to your home.
They achieve a unique, memorable style without sacrificing durability as they are considerably thicker and feature a sturdy build that is resistant to chipping.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- You can conveniently stack evenly for easy storage.
- It is dishwasher and microwave safe.
- The set is perfectly multipurpose for a range of uses.
- Can’t withstand direct oven heat as it is made of porcelain.
Norpro 8oz/240ml Porcelain Ramekins
- The set consists of 4 bowls.
- It is made from glazed porcelain material.
- All the balls have a capacity of 8 ounces.
Norpro is a celebrated brand when it comes to the production of high-quality cookware. They do pretty well with the Norpro 8oz/240ml Porcelain Ramekins as these dishes feature superior quality.
If you are looking for Crème Brulee ramekins, then these Norpro bowls will surpass your expectations. At 8 OZ, they are a perfect souffle ramekin size.
However, that’s not cast on stone as you can use these pieces of culinary equipment for a range of other purposes. Apart from preparing foods, you can serve dips, spreads, and sauces in these simple bowls.
You are probably going to use your cups to prepare souffle, puddings, custards, cookie cakes, cobblers, and sundaes, to mention a few. This is only possible if the material is right.
Though made from porcelain, the material is glazed to provide extra protection from heat. Such a feature makes them ideal for microwave and oven use.
- The bowls are dishwasher safe hence easy to clean.
- They are versatile and ideal for cooking and serving desserts.
- They feature a sleek style with a presentable whitish finish.
- The sizing might not be as accurate as they claim.
Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- They are made from glazed porcelain.
- The product comes in a set of 6 identical pieces.
- It is dishwasher safe.
Ramekins dishes are not all about the design and lifespan. The Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins proves that this tableware goes beyond lifespan and design to include unbeatable numbers for anyone who wants to use them as serving bowls.
The product comes as a set of 6, which is perfect for a single serving of desserts and salads to guests and family. And, to imagine that you will hit a dozen bowls by adding an extra set makes choosing the Bellemain products tempting for homes and a range of small businesses.
Porcelain, the material which the cups are made from, is incomparably safe and eco-friendly. Thus, there is no chance that your foods will get leached even after freezing or oven use.
Finally, the cups are dishwasher safe. This only means that you can clean them in a breeze and without using a lot of water.
- Perfect size for single-serve salads and desserts.
- Made from thick, glazed porcelain material to handle everything.
- It does not absorb odors, colors, or flavors.
- They are sleek and presentable.
- A few buyers noted cracks on arrival.
- They are slightly larger than the actual 4 oz. containers.
WERTIOO 6 Oz Ramekin Bowls
- Each set contains 8 pieces of bowls.
- They feature a classic white outlook.
- The packaging is safe for shipping.
- They feature a perfectly round design.
If you are in the market looking for multifunctional custard cups, then the WERTIOO 6 Oz Ramekin Bowls are a perfect option. They are a dependable 8 oz. baking dishes that you will find useful in nearly every occasion.
The set of 8 pieces is the best for baking enthusiasts, thanks to their size as well as their ability to handle oven and microwave heat. Apart from baking, these pieces of kitchenware are ideal for serving dips, salsas, sauces, appetizers, and a range of dressings. Besides, they will perfectly hold condiments.
We are in a world of receiving and giving out gifts. The WERTIOO Bowls are a great choice if you are looking for something to gift out this season. They feature remarkable packaging and have a classic white outlook that is presentable and stays memorable for a long time.
- Each piece is round, sleek, and presentable.
- They are versatile and ideal for cooking, baking, and serving.
- The material is durable for a longer lifespan.
- Affordably priced for a set of 8 pieces.
- Made from porcelain and cracks on a fall.
- Not the finest size for soufflés.
Sweese 501.001 Porcelain Soufflé Dishes
- The product comes in a set of 6 pieces.
- 4 oz. and 12 oz. options are also available.
- It comes in a range of colors for you to choose from.
The Sweese 501.001 Porcelain Souffle Dishes is for anyone looking for nice professional grade Best Souffle Dish. They are perfectly round and have a capacity of 8 ounces and dimensions of 4 inches by 2.1 inches in diameter and height respectively.
The Crème Brulee dishes are properly designed and feature striated edges for non-slip usability and comfortable grip. You can easily put them into the oven without any hassles. Besides, the striated grip gives the cups a fashionable look.
Thre is no denying that the 8 oz. ramekins are perfect for crème Brulee, blueberry crumbles, French onion soup, and jams. However, the company provides 4 oz. bowls for people who want to take control of food portions. Even more importantly, the company has 12 OZ ramekins for larger soufflé dishes.
- Perfectly easy to clean.
- Features a non-slip design for comfortable use.
- It is versatile and great for a range of uses.
- It is both microwave and oven safe.
- Flamboyant with a range of color options.
- The packaging is not very reliable.
ACCGUAN 6 OZ Ramekin Dishes
- It comes in a set of 8 pieces.
- They have a versatile capacity of up to 6 ounces.
- A mouth diameter of 3.54 inches.
- They have a depth of 1.96 inches.
Well, 8 is a perfect number if you are going to use these little bowls for serving salsas, dips, dressings, sauces, and side dishes like bruschetta and olives. As you’d expect, the ACCGUAN 6 OZ Ramekin Dishes come in a splendid size of 8 so your worries are put to rest.
These product stands out because they are made from reusable food-grade materials. The ceramic material is not only safe but also healthy and non-toxic. They produce no odor.
The material that the dishes are made from undergoes a strenuous process of preparation and testing to deliver a durable ceramic raw material. The end product is, therefore, resilient. Even more essentially, you can easily recycle these materials after a simple cleanup exercise.
- Made from healthy material hence safe.
- The material is recyclable.
- Ideal for a variety of uses.
- They are fairly priced. [/su_list][/su_column]
- It is susceptible to chipping with frequent machine washing.
Duido Soufflé Dish Ramekins
- They come in a package of 8, 12, and 16.
- It comes in a variety of sizes.
- Each dish measures 3.5 inches in diameter and 2 inches in height.
- The spoons are 4.8 inches long.
Anyone who marvels at multicolored kitchenware will find the Duido Soufflé Dish Ramekins a great pick. The 6-ounce ramekins come in assorted colors that will blend well with the rest of your utensils and kitchen equipment. The colors include yellow, aqua, bright red, orange, dark red, navy blue, white, and sky blue.
The ceramic mini soufflé dishes feature a space-saving design for easy storage. You can easily stack them to form a single compact pile for easy storage and transportation.
The device also comes with additional incentives. The package contains 8 colorful spoons at no additional cost for easy mixing and serving. The spoons come in the same colors as the stackable dishes, hence more presentable.
Another illustrious feature is that you can get a range of sizes for this product. In this section, we have reviewed the 6 oz. ramekins. However, you can also get 4 oz., 8 oz., and 12 OZ ramekin dishes.
- Affordable and comes with incentives at no additional cost.
- They are colorful and presentable.
- They can make a perfect bakeware set.
- The package might come incomplete. Contact the seller in that case.
DOWAN 4 Oz Porcelain Ramekins (Souffle Dish Ramekins)
- It comes in a set of 6 cups.
- Each cup measures 3.5 inches in diameter and 1.8 inches in height.
- They feature a 4-ounce capacity. (Also available with 8-ounce size)
- Made from high-quality porcelain material.
Do you want to impress your guests when they visit?
Well, you’re not alone! everyone tries to do so. The easiest way to achieve that is to serve them the most delicious meals in the most presentable manner. Use the DOWAN 4 Oz Porcelain Ramekins – Souffle Dish Ramekins for Creme Brulee Pudding to achieve the latter.
The 4 oz. soufflé bowls are by far the most ideal pieces of equipment for serving single person dishes. Moreover, the size and shape are apt for a range of other uses.
There is no chance that you will lose the flavors and taste of the food. This is because the cups can retain the flavors of your dish. At the same time, the bowls do not absorb or alter the taste of your meal. And, as the souffle ramekins set is oven safe, so you can also consider this as broiler safe ramekins set.
- Great size for serving single-person portions.
- It does not absorb toxins, colors, and odors.
- They are durable and great for long-term use.
- They are sleek and presentable.
- Made with Ecological Ceramic Technology.
- It is not easy to find lids that fit them perfectly.
- Made In Chian but comes with 1st-grade quality.
Sweese 509.001 Porcelain Round Ramekins for Baking
- It comes in a set of 6 pieces.
- Each ramekin cup has a capacity of 6 ounces.
- They feature a depth of 1 inch.
Don’t get confused with this one. We already discussed a Sweese model earlier. The first model that we discussed was an 8 oz. ramekins while the Sweese 509.001 Porcelain Round Ramekins for Baking has a capacity of 6 ounces.
The 6-ounce capacity of the Sweese 509.001 makes it more functional with an endless list of uses. They are perfect for serving individual portions of appetizers, desserts, and salads. The custard cups also come in handy as bakeware items for 6-ounce recipes. Besides, you will find them useful for prepping ingredients.
If you value style, then the Sweese 509.001 is worth a second look. They feature an incredible design and appealing color that will undeniably make your meals savorier and tastier. The sophistication also adds an amazing touch to your cupboard and dining room.
- The cups are highly versatile.
- They are made from durable porcelain material.
- They are dishwasher safe, hence easy to clean.
- At 6-ounce, they are small for bigger dishes.
LE TAUCI Dipping Sauces
- They come in a range of colors.
- Each cup has a capacity of 4 ounces.
- They have a depth of 1.7 inches.
- Each bowl features a diameter of 3.7 inches.
The LE TAUCI Dipping Sauce Cups brings together an amazing blend of quality, design, versatility, and price. The delightful bakeware is, therefore, aimed for homeowners who want to achieve the most elegance without breaking the bank.
The first illustrious feature of the product lies in its dimensions. While every cup has a capacity of 4 ounces, it features a diameter of 3.7 inches and a depth of 1.7 inches. Such a dimension gives the set the compactness that facilitates serving and baking by a single person.
The set of dipping sauces features a manageable design. They are stackable hence you can pile them up together for easy storage and kitchen management.
The cups come in a range of colors to help buyers make their favorite choices. Thus, you can develop your style by choosing the colors that blend well with the rest of your tableware.
- They are stylish and affordable.
- You can choose from a range of appealing colors.
- They are sleek and presentable.
- Only ideal for small-sized dishes.
How To Choose The Best Ramekins
Like every other product, the proliferation of ramekins makes choosing the finest bakeware a difficult task.
We relieve you from this arduous task by highlighting some of the most essential features to consider when shopping for ramekin bowls.
Take note of the following-
Arguably, the most vital consideration to look into before you choose an ideal ramekin cup is the purpose that you intend to use it for. Often, the primary use of these little items includes cooking, prepping, holding, baking, and serving dishes. What you intend to use it for determines the size that you opt for.
Most of the time, ramekin bowls that are ideal for serving are considerably smaller. They range from 1 once to 6-ounce capacities. 8 oz. ramekins are occasionally used for serving too.
Bigger capacity options are ideal for preparing meals. However, smaller options can as well be ideal for cooking or baking recipes that require small capacities.
- Ability To Withstand Heat
If you are going to use your ceramic ramekin to prepare a range of foods, then you must look at their safety in the oven or microwave. This is often determined by the ability of the used materials to withstand high temperatures.
Everyone wants to serve food most enticingly. You need appealing tableware to achieve this. Therefore, consider bowls that are elegant, stylish, and come in the appropriate colors.
- Ease Of Use
Ramekins should be easy to handle. The edges should be easy to hold and comfortable to place or remove from the oven. If you intend to use them for serving, they should be easy to grab for guests. There are even ramekins with handle for more convenience.
- Safe And Non-Toxic
What are your ramekins made from? Are ramekins oven safe? This question should guide your decision on safety. A good material should not absorb odors, flavors, or tastes from your foods.
How To Clean and Take Care Of Ramekins
Are ramekins dishwasher safe? This is always a common question in the lips of prospective buyers. If you need an answer to this, then the answer in the affirmative. Most ramekin models are dishwasher safe. However, the lifespan of your ramekin decreases with the number of times you use it in a dishwasher.
These little dishes are easy to wash and take care of. You can clean them manually with a soft brush. Wipe them after cleaning and rinsing. Keep them dry in a closed cabinet or cupboard.
Soufflé Dish Vs Ramekin
Well, if you are new with Ramekin or Soufflé Dish, you may think that they are different things. Some people also search on the web to know the differences between Ramekins and Souffle Dishes. But there are no differences between them. Soufflé Dish also known as Ramekin and used for the same purpose.
Check This 5 Delicious Soufflé Recipes by Tasty
Q: Are Ramekins and Cupcake Holders the Same Thing?
A: No. Ramekins are small size dishes made of mostly ceramic or pro-grade porcelain materials. Cupcake or muffin pan mostly made of aluminum, steel, or silicone materials. Generally, the cupcake holder size is smaller than the ramekins and the cupcake holder only used to make cupcakes or muffins.
Q: What Can I Use Instead of Ramekins?
A: You can use any kind of small size dishes made of ceramic, porcelain, or glass. Ceramic or porcelain teacup or coffee cups are the best substitutes for ramekins. Ceramic Casserole Dish or any kind of similar small bowls that size is 4-6 also can be used instead of ramekins.
Q: Can You Put Ramekins In The Oven?
A: Yes. Ramekins are heat-proof, dishwasher, microwave, and freezer-proof as they are mainly made of Ceramic, Porcelain, Melamine, or Glass Materials.
Ramekins are an unbeatable addition to every kitchen. They come with a range of amazing features and properties. You will find them useful for serving smaller food portions to guests and family members. Children also love them because they fit into their little hands.
More importantly, these pieces of equipment come in handy for cooking or baking a range of breakfast and dinner recipes. This article not only highlights some of the Best Ramekins but also provides you with everything you need to know about these bowls as well as a detailed buying guide.