Last Updated On February 2nd, 2021
The pastry was a reserve for great chefs and large commercial enterprises. However, that was just about a decade ago.
There is a range of revolutions in the industry today. More people getting enthusiastic about cupcakes and muffins, among other pastry forms.
There is also an inevitable craze about muffin pans because that allows every enthusiastic cook to make muffins from anywhere. It is for that reason that the market is currently flooded with a wide range of muffin pans.
While these pans are an identically looking bakeware with several round wells, each model comes with unique features and specifications. Thus, choosing the best muffin pan is an arduous task.
This article provides you with the best muffin pan reviews and subsequent buying guide. All you have to do is sit back and read through.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Quick Overview of 3 Best Muffin Pan
- 2 Top 10 Muffin Pan Reviews
- 2.1 1. AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel Muffin Pan
- 2.2 2. Wilton Perfect Results Premium Baking Pan
- 2.3 3. KELIWA Silicone Muffin Baking Pan
- 2.4 4. Rachael Ray 54075 Yum -o! Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Tin
- 2.5 5. CAKE TIME Silicone Muffin Pan Cupcake Set
- 2.6 6. Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 6 Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan
- 2.7 7. USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan
- 2.8 8. CAKE TIME 12-Cup Muffin Pan
- 2.9 9. G&S Metal Products OvenStuff Non-Stick 6 Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan
- 2.10 10. Baker’s Advantage Nonstick Mini Muffin Pan
- 3 How to Choose the Best Muffin Pan
- 4 Final Words
Quick Overview of 3 Best Muffin Pan
What Is Muffin Pan?
A muffin pan is one kind of bakeware or baking tray that consists of multiple round wells or connecting cups. The primary function of this tray-like kitchen utensil is for oven use.
It is similar to a cupcake pan but the depressions in the tray are larger and help to hold muffins. Each depression is about 1.5 inches deep and 4 inches in diameter.
Why You Need A Muffin Pan?
While we all love muffins and cupcakes, they are undoubtedly not the type of recipes that you prepare every single day. So, a muffin pan is obviously not your regular cooking tool. Despite that, these are a must-have for every kitchen, thanks to their versatility and affordable pricing.
Why do you need a muffin pan? The most obvious reason is to prepare muffin recipes easily and faster. It, however, comes with a range of other benefits.
First, you can conveniently portion meals in a muffin pan into individual servings and warm them in the oven.
Second, a muffin pan is also an appropriate tool for whipping up a variety of snacks, breakfast, dinner, and lunch recipes. If you need to brown any recipes, then this kitchenware will come in handy.
Finally, the silicone muffin pan is freezer safe and ideal for sticky recipes such as fresh egg bakes.
Top 10 Muffin Pan Reviews
1. AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel Muffin Pan
- The set contains two pans; each pan with 24 cups.
- It features a carbon-steel construction.
- It is oven safe.
You can’t go wrong with the AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel Muffin Pan. It is a pretty, moderately priced bakeware that contains two trays in the set. Each tray contains up to 12 cups which means you have a total of 24 cups. Isn’t that enough for the entire family?
This safest muffin pan features a carbon steel construction. You will agree with us that such a non toxic and heavy-weight composition will last for a long time. It resists warping and heats evenly to provide uniform baking and rising. Even more, the set features a nonstick coating to guarantee the easy removal of your muffins.
We get it, you are sure that you won’t prepare muffins each day, but that doesn’t mean that your sets of AmazonBasics pans will gather dust on your countertops or shelves. They are versatile and practically ideal for delicious single-serving creations such as poached eggs, hash-brown cups, and mini cheesecakes, among others.
- You can easily hand wash them.
- Compatible with AmazonBasics silicone baking trays.
- It is versatile and goes beyond baking muffins.
- The nonstick coating enables easy removal of your foods.
- The heavy-weight construction is rust-proof and durable.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
- The nonstick lining isn’t durable but you can use silicone liners.
2. Wilton Perfect Results Premium Baking Pan
- It features a rolled steel construction.
- Comes with a reliable nonstick coating.
- It has large handles.
- The pan measures 15 x 21 inches.
The Wilton Perfect Results Premium Baking Pan is ideal for people who bake frequently. It gives every enthusiast of homemade dishes an opportunity to enjoy delicious snacks from home.
The baking pan is a perfect choice for everyday use. it features a rolled steel construction. That means that the heavy-duty construction allows it to sustain daily use.
While steel components are often associated with corrosion, the Wilton muffin pan will surprise you with the adequate coating.
One of the common challenges that you are most likely to experience when baking at home is moving your muffin tins in and out of the oven. This piece of professional cupcake pan solves that nightmare perfectly well, thanks to the inclusion of the large handles.
- It is easy to put into and out of the oven.
- The nonstick coating allows easy removal of muffins.
- The steel construction is strong and durable.
- Dishwasher safe.
- It doesn’t come with a detailed set of instructions.
- Too large for small-sized ovens.
3. KELIWA Silicone Muffin Baking Pan
- The tray contains 12 muffin cups.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It features a silicone construction.
If you are currently in the market for the best non stick muffin pan, then the KELIWA Silicone Muffin Baking Pan is a perfect choice for you.
The muffin top pan features a durable food-grade silicone construction. Silicone is an incredibly flexible material. Such a property, combined with its nonstick nature allows easy removal of your muffins.
The silicone muffin tray comes in an attractive color that you will find amazing. It blends perfectly well with most utensils and helps to improve the décor of your kitchen. It is also pretty durable and will not rust as most metallic pans will do.
Besides, it is heat resistant hence will reliably sustain the heat of your oven during baking.
Is handwashing utensils your cup of tea? Well, you don’t need to worry if you don’t prefer handwashing your kitchenware. The KALIWA bakeware is 100% dishwasher safe. Thus, it is perfectly easy to clean.
- It is sleek and durable.
- The tray is easy to clean.
- It conveniently fits in all oven sizes.
- The silicone construction is nonstick.
- It does not corrode or rust.
- Silicone is a poor conductor so muffins might not rise too high.
4. Rachael Ray 54075 Yum -o! Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Tin
- It is made from anodized steel.
- It comes with an orange grip handle.
- It contains a total of 12 cups.
Rachel Ray is a household name in the manufacturing of bakeware, cookware, and dinnerware. They don’t disappoint with the Rachael Ray 54075 Yum -o! Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Tin. It is one of the best muffin tins that you will find in the market today.
While this cupcake baking pan is completely forged out of steel, it is sleek and comes with orange handles. The handles make it easy to use as you can comfortably put it into the oven or out of the oven.
The Rachael Ray 54075 boasts of perfect dimensions that will fit into any oven. It measures 15.5 x 10.5 x 1.5 inches. If you are enthusiastic about 12-cup muffin trays, then you will find it worth investing in. It fits into small, medium, and large ovens.
- The handles make it easy to use.
- It fits in all oven sizes.
- Sturdy and durable.
- It features a nonstick coating.
- May rust after years of use.
5. CAKE TIME Silicone Muffin Pan Cupcake Set
- It features a silicone construction.
- The set comes with 2 trays.
- The cupcake tray has 24 wells.
- The muffin tray has 12 wells.
The CAKE TIME Silicone Muffin Pan Cupcake Set is a good combination that makes both cupcakes and muffins. It is a remarkable combination of the cupcake pan and the mini muffin pan. The 2 in 1 bakeware is competitively priced.
Purchasing this best cupcake pan set means that you will enjoy the convenience of making standard size muffins, mini muffins as well as cupcakes. The muffin tray comes with 12 standard size wells. On the other hand, the mini muffin tray comes with a massive 24 cups.
The entire silicone cupcake tray is made from food-grade silicone. As with all silicone cookware, the set is nonstick. Since silicone does not rust, you will enjoy healthy foods devoid of metallic toxins. Another impressive feature that comes with this silicone muffin tin is that they are dishwasher safe hence easy to clean.
- You can enjoy making both muffins and cupcakes.
- It is nonstick and easy to use.
- Silicone is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- The additional cupcake liners save you money.
- The 24-cup tray won’t have the muffins rise evenly.
6. Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 6 Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan
- The set comes with two trays.
- Each tray has a set of 6 cups.
- It features a nonstick finishing.
- Comes with easy to grip handles.
The Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 6 Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan is a good choice for anyone who likes to experiment with various recipes for breakfast. You can use this versatile set to prepare muffins, pizza, cupcakes, carrot cakes, and a range of cookies.
The Wilton muffin top pan consists of a combination of assorted materials with a nonstick coating. Therefore, you will find moving your foods a breeze. The reinforced nonstick coating also ensures that your cookware is easy to clean.
This Wilton 6 cup muffin pan set comes with long handles. Therefore, you can easily hold it during use. More conveniently, the entire set will fit into ovens that are considered too small for baking.
- Ideal for smaller ovens and families.
- The cups are large and uniform.
- It does not make mini muffins.
7. USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan
- It features durable steel construction.
- The tray contains 12 wells.
- It uses nonstick Americoat Plus Coating.
Aluminized steel is the most popular bakeware material and arguably makes the best cupcake pans you’ll find. This is because it brings together desirable durability and reliable conductivity.
That’s what you get by purchasing the famous USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan. It is one of the most famous typical egg-shaped muffin tins that features a fluted design that is unique, attractive, and performance-oriented.
Each cup measures 2.75 by 2.0625 by 1.375 inches. That guarantees a standard muffin from each cup. This USA Pan muffin pan comes with a silicone coating that makes it nonstick. Such a feature guarantees that your muffins, cookies, or bread will get out effortlessly.
Another unique feature of this USA muffin pan is it comes with Americoat Plus coating technology. The advanced feature facilitates the easy release of muffins.
- Twelve wells are sufficient for most families.
- The nonstick coating enables the easy release of muffins.
- Sturdy and durable.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
8. CAKE TIME 12-Cup Muffin Pan
- It features a silicone construction.
- Dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe.
- It comes with 12 standard size wells.
- Each cup can hold up to 2.8 oz.
The CAKE TIME 12-Cup Silicone Muffin Pan is for anyone looking for a sleek, affordable, lightweight, and functional bakeware. The silicone muffin tin comes in an attractive color modern trend followers will fall in love with.
When it comes to baking and preparing single-serve meals, this one is a savior. The silicone material is flexible and nonstick. Your muffins or cupcakes will not stick into the pan. You will find it convenient to pop out your muffins by simply pressing the bottom using a finger. It is also easy to clean.
Even more, the cupcake pan has high compatibility with a range of kitchen machines. It will work well in a dishwasher, microwave, oven, freezer, and fridge. Versatility isn’t also an issue as the bakeware can make the finest muffin cakes, bread, tart, mousse, jelly, cheesecakes, custard, and fat bombs, among others.
- Versatile and ideal for a range of applications.
- Incredibly easy to clean.
- Features a wide heat resistance.
- It is perfectly nonstick.
- It is too flexible and flimsy.
9. G&S Metal Products OvenStuff Non-Stick 6 Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan
- The pan features a jumbo sizing.
- It has a steel construction.
- DuraGlide technology was used in the kitchen tool.
- The pan has 6 cups.
Choosing the G&S Metal Products OvenStuff Non-Stick 6 Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan gives you the privilege to enjoy endless possibilities. It is an ideal cupcake baking tray for making a range of healthy breakfast recipes. It will make cupcakes, muffins, and egg cups.
One of the most vital properties a muffin pan should have is glass-nonstick capabilities. This cupcake pan scores highly in this category. The manufacturer uses the reliable DuraGlide Plus nonstick finish to ensure that you pop out your muffins with unmatchable ease.
It is a 6-cup deep muffin pan that boasts of an unbeatable jumbo sizing. The entire pan measures 12.75 by 8.5 inches. To support the jumbo claim, each cup features a diameter of 3.5 inches at the top and an amazing depth of 1.75 inches.
- The jumbo sizing takes in enough ingredients.
- Nonstick and easy to clean.
- It is durable and resistant to corrosion.
- Do not use in a dishwasher as the metal will rust.
10. Baker’s Advantage Nonstick Mini Muffin Pan
- It is made of carbon steel.
- Features a reliable nonstick coating.
- Comes with oversized handles.
- The pan has a set of 24 cups.
Mini muffins are popular for two reasons. First, they are just the right portions for nearly everyone including kids. Second, you can make a lot of them at a go with this mini cupcakes pan.
But can you make delicious mini muffins without the best mini muffin pan? That’s why we brought the finest of the line, the Baker’s Advantage Nonstick Mini Muffin Pan.
The mini cup cake tin comes with a carbon steel construction. Such a feature guarantees longevity. The kitchenware will, therefore, serve you for several years. Another illustrious benefit that carbon steel construction provides remarkable heat conductivity.
The mini cupcake tray also features a professional weight and that makes it easy to place and remove from the oven. Also, its light color is a deliberate measure that prevents over-browning of your foods.
- There is no risk of over-browning.
- Carbon steel is a good conductor that radiates heat evenly.
- It features a convenient professional weight.
- You might have to use nonstick spray for better results.
How to Choose the Best Muffin Pan
The type of material you choose determines the overall performance of your pan. Metallic pans are more sturdy and durable. They are also better conductors of heat.
If you decide to go the silicone way, then you will be marveled at the nonstick feature. However, they are not as good conductors as metallic pans.
You can use a ceramic muffin pan or a glass muffin pan. They’re usually toxin-free, nonstick, and offer healthier options. The rubber muffin pan is another option, but make sure to use nonstick spray for better results.
There are two ways to go about the size of these essential pieces of kitchen equipment. Firstly, the general dimensions of the pan determine the size of the oven that it will fit. So, be on the lookout for bakeware that fits your oven.
The size of the cups determines the size of the muffins you will produce. Round muffin pans feature cups of standard, mini, or jumbo sizes. The trick is to choose according to the quantities of the ingredients in your recipe.
- Weight And Handles
Pans that meet professional weight standards are convenient to use. Too thin of a pan might deform easily while too heavy of a pan is harder to manage. Pans with large, stable handles are easier to place into the oven and remove when muffins are ready.
The process of making muffins is considerably simple. You need to go about your ingredients with the necessary detail and the pan and oven will do the rest of the work. However, the process of releasing ready muffins from any baking equipment varies depending on its nonstick abilities.
That is why you need a pan with reliable nonstick properties to enhance the efficient release of your foods. Food-grade silicone materials have the finest nonstick capabilities. Metallic materials with durable nonstick coatings are equally splendid options.
Who wants to be in the market shopping for a single product every so often? To avoid such inconvenience, you will need to choose a product that will last for as long as you will need it. Metallic options are the most durable. However, be wary of the coating as some of them are susceptible to peeling off.
- Number Of Cups/Capacity
Regardless of the size of the pan, the number of cups in a tray determines the number of muffins you can bake in one go. Most muffin pans for home use have well capacities that range from 6 cups to as many as 24 cups.
Different Types Of Muffin Pans
As with nearly every type of cookware, the classification of muffin pans is based on the type of material used in their construction. Therefore, the following are the major types-
- Aluminum Muffin Pans
Nearly half of the muffin pans that you will find in the market feature an aluminum construction. It is a famous choice for most people because of its good conductivity. Also, even heat distribution means that you will get uniformly baked goods that are attractive and tasty.
Aluminum pans are lightweight and convenient. However, the primary downside of these types of pans lies in strength. They could warp when subjected to rapid temperature changes. Multi-layered options will perform better.
- Stainless Steel
Another popular type of muffin pan is stainless steel. The material boasts of unbeatable strength. They are resistant to corrosion and warping. Thus, a stainless steel muffin pan will be your kitchen companion for several years. Cleaning stainless steel is perfectly easy, so you don’t need to fret.
The only demerit of this type of pans is that they are poorer conductors of heat as compared to their aluminum counterparts. That means that they take slightly longer to heat and the entire baking process may be slower.
- Carbon Steel
These muffin pans feature a carbon and steel alloy construction. So, it blends the strength of steel and the lightweight of carbon in one piece of cookware. They stand out as perfectly easy to season, clean, and will remain nonstick with proper care and maintenance.
This will probably surprise you. However, you will find a few options in the market that feature regular steel construction. The category consists of the sturdiest and most durable option. They feature a nonstick coating that guards them against corrosion.
- Nonstick Muffin Pans
The most essential property of muffin pans is the nonstick ability. Nonstick pans feature construction from any durable material and a nonstick coating. It prevents muffin batter accumulation on pan surfaces hence easy to remove.
- Silicone Muffin Pans
The most common reason why bakers prefer silicone muffin pans is their nonstick capabilities. The best silicone muffin pans come flexible. Such a feature implies that you can easily pop out muffins from the flexible tray.
A good formulation of silicone is equally a wonderful heat conductor. However, even distribution of heat can be a problem. Besides, silicone is soft and flexible hence may often produce malformed muffins. You can prevent that by primarily using silicone trays to line up a heavy-duty muffin pan.
Tips On Using, Cleaning and Maintaining Muffin Pan
Follow the tips below to ensure that your pan remains perfectly functional for a long time-
- Only clean the pan after it is cool.
- Do not leave prepared muffins in the pan for a long duration as the rising agents can damage the pan.
- Do not use scrubs or hard brushes to clean pans with nonstick coatings.
- Use warm soapy water or baking soda to remove hard greasy stains.
- Don’t soak your pan in water for long durations as that will affect the quality of the pan and induce rusting.
- Avoid cleaning any pan that features a nonstick coating in a dishwasher.
- Dry your pan with a soft cloth after cleaning.
Muffin Pan Vs Cupcake Pan
You see, many people do not know that there exists a difference between muffins and cupcakes. If you are on the same bandwagon, then my friend, you are misled.
So, while you can use a muffin pan to prepare cupcakes and vice versa, you need to note that each of these snacks has a specialty pan.
Muffins use less sugar and are, therefore, healthier than ordinary cupcake recipes. Besides, muffins use more natural ingredients like flour, wheat flour, nut flour, dried fruits, nuts, and chocolate chips. On the other hand, cupcake recipes use butter and sugar.
Most muffin pans are tweaked and feature broader filling areas to produce the crispness that comes with every muffin you put on the table.
Muffin Pan Knowledgebase
Q: Are Muffin and Cupcake Pans the Same?
A: Yes they are exactly the same things. But as we discussed earlier, there is a little bit of difference between Muffin and Cupcake.
Q: What is The Standard Size of a Muffin Pan?
A: According to WebstaurantStore, 2″ x 1 1/4″ is the commonly used size of traditional muffins or cupcakes. So the overall size of a muffin pan depends on how many muffin cups in the pan.
Q: What is a Mini Muffin Pan?
A: The mini muffin pan generally comes with the capacity of making two dozen or more two-bite muffins or cupcakes.
Q: Can You Bake 6 Muffins in a 12 Muffin Tin?
A: Yes. You can bake 6 or more or less in a 12 muffin tin.
Q: What is The Best Silicone Cupcake Pan?
A: The KELIWA Silicone Cupcake Pan is one of the best-selling and top-rated Silicone Cupcake Pan. This professional cupcake pan made of Food-grade and 100% BPA free silicone materials.
While baking is fun, it is important to note that the art of baking lies in the making. A good bake brings friends and family together and the greatest way to get together is to bake at home. Baking and eating delicious muffins from home is also healthy and refreshing.
But can you bake good muffins without a muffin pan? The astonishing truth, however, is that not any muffin pan will do the job. Instead, you need the best muffin pan to implement your recipes successfully. Hopefully, this article will help you in this pursuit with a stress-free buying guide for ideal bakeware.