Last Updated On February 3rd, 2021
Did you notice before even testing a food, we judge the taste by its presentation? Yes, five-star hotels and restaurants know this thing very well and that is the reason they bring their own unique style to serve the food.
The fact is so true for salad serving. If you make a simple salad but serve it in a good salad bowl, it looks satisfactory. Among different types of salad bowls, wooden salad bowls are the best. They are not only stylish but also unique as well as long-lasting.
There are tons of brands that produce top-grade wooden salad bowls. If you want to get the best wooden salad bowls, it can be tough to pick from an extensive collection. This article is to save your time to pick the right product at the best price.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Quick Overview of 3 Best Wooden Salad Bowls
- 2 Top 10 Best Wood Salad Bowl Review
- 2.1 1. Lipper International 1174 Acacia Wave Serving Bowl
- 2.2 2. Winco WWB-10 Wooden Woven Salad Bowl
- 2.3 3. Acacia Wooden 3-Piece Salad Bowl by AIDEA
- 2.4 4. Gibson Home 60687.03 Laroda 3 Piece Salad Bowl Set
- 2.5 5. Lipper International 1154 Acacia Round Flair Serving Bowl
- 2.6 6. Lipper International 294 Cherry Finished Wavy Rim Serving Bowl
- 2.7 7. Dansk Wood Classics 16-Inch Round Salad Bowl
- 2.8 8. Lipper International 1145 Acacia Straight-Side Serving Bowl
- 2.9 9. Ironwood Gourmet 28134 Salinas Extra Large Salad Bowl XL
- 2.10 10. Nambe Gourmet Harmony 3 Piece Wooden Salad Set
- 3 How to Choose the Best Wooden Salad Bowl?
- 4 Final Words
Quick Overview of 3 Best Wooden Salad Bowls
Top 10 Best Wood Salad Bowl Review
Buying the best salad bowl online is not an easy task. But a dedicated expert team of us has spent 45+ hours to analyze and test more than 30 products. And finally, they have chosen the top 10 products that come with the best quality. Here I am going to share the exclusive list.
1. Lipper International 1174 Acacia Wave Serving Bowl
Need something larger to serve your salad at the table? Lipper International 1174 acacia wooden bowl will fulfill your requirements. This is an acacia wood salad bowl that ensures durability and longevity. It comes in a wave shape and classy texture in the body. No matter what décor is in your kitchen, this bowl will suit you easily. There is less maintenance requires for the item. Just keep it clean to protect your foods from bacteria.
The unique salad bowl is designed to serve both fruits and vegetables. Ideal for serving both chopped fruits and vegetables or the whole fruit. After using the bowl rinse with warm water for deep cleaning.
- Durable construction with acacia wood.
- Suitable for both tossing and serving.
- Conditioning the bowl is easy with olive oil.
- 12″x7″ diameter to hold enough fruits and vegetables.
- Lightweight design to stay comfortable.
- Not the best one for extreme heat.
- The wet surface may damage and start decaying the surface.
2. Winco WWB-10 Wooden Woven Salad Bowl
Whenever you want to buy the best wooden salad bowl set, will find most of them are expensive. But thanks to Winco WWB-10 for their 4 piece salad bowls sets. There are 4 classy bowls in the set which are perfect for a single serving. If you want to give a delicious look to the serving, these bowls wood help. However, if you wish, you can also use them for serving pasta, bread, or fruits.
The bowls are constructed from the best grade wood to ensure strength. There are no issues if you are serving moderately hot items in the bowls. It will remain to save and the texture doesn’t change. Caring for the bowls are easier. Just clean them regularly after usages and apply mineral oil once a month to keep the shiny look.
- Comparatively low price and affordable for all.
- 10″ dimension for better capacity.
- Lightweight for users’ convenience.
- Suitable to serve a wide range of food items.
- Less deep for easy access to the salad.
- Not suitable for the dishwasher.
- Pressure on the sides can crack the bowl easily.
3. Acacia Wooden 3-Piece Salad Bowl by AIDEA
What do you care most about wooden serving bowls? Is it durability and longevity? If yes, you would like this unique salad bowl set from AIDEA. The set includes an extra large wood salad bowl and two serving spoons. The dimension of the bowl is 12.5”x 5” that can hold enough vegetables. You can serve the whole salad item in it for your family dining time.
The handmade wooden salad bowl is extremely durable that lasts longer than ordinary wooden kitchen accessories. Maintenance is easy and doesn’t require regular oiling or conditioning. For cleaning, avoid soaking it in the water. Instead, rinse with hot water and mild soap. The bowl keeps the original taste of the food.
- Comes with acacia wood construction.
- Doesn’t contain any harmful chemical.
- Suitable for preparing and serving.
- Classy look that you can give it as a gift to someone.
- Extra capacity to hold the salad easily.
- Food-safe lacquer top-coat.
- Price is comparatively high because of the acacia wood.
- It is not dishwasher, oven or freezer safe.
4. Gibson Home 60687.03 Laroda 3 Piece Salad Bowl Set
Salad bowls constructed from acacia wood are used to be expensive. But the Gibson Home 60687.03 salad bowl set comes with a reasonable price. There are three items in the set which are a large wooden salad bowl, serve spoon and fork. You can call it a complete set. The natural wood bowl comes with a deep design and you can store enough salad in it. The reddish-brown color gives in a unique look that enhances the kitchen’s beauty.
The exterior is water-resistant that prevents the bowl from bacteria and fungus. Moreover, it is scratch resistant. So, even after a long time, the exterior will shine like a new condition.
- Resistant to fungus for health safety.
- 25″x4″ dimension for holding enough food.
- Suitable to serve and prepare your salad.
- Ready to use to start using immediately.
- Doesn’t require conditioning for the first month.
- Spoon and fork for your convenience.
- The bowl is not microwave and dishwasher safe.
5. Lipper International 1154 Acacia Round Flair Serving Bowl
Need a wood serving bowl for your very own personal usages? Then you should order a round shaped bowl that is easy to access the salad or fruits. For a mid-range budget, the Lipper International 1154 is the best option. The bowl comes with the top grade acacia wooden construction. It is extremely durable and doesn’t require much care. The round shape of the bowl allows for easy access.
Instead of the reddish color, it comes in a grey color that suits other kitchen utensils. Unlike most of the wooden salad bowls, it requires less care. The exterior and interior are easy to clean and hand wash is enough for deep cleaning.
- Ideal for serving the salad with drinks.
- Classy wooden color.
- Lightweight and soft-touch design.
- 5 inches x 4.25 inches dimension for better capacity.
- Sturdy construction for longevity.
- Suitable for a variety of serving purposes.
- The salad bowl is heat sensitive.
- Not a good item for serving wet items.
6. Lipper International 294 Cherry Finished Wavy Rim Serving Bowl
Did you notice in some Hollywood movies that fruits or salad items are serving in an ancient-looking wooden bowl? If you want to have the same style, the Lipper International 294 salad bowl is recommended for you. The bowl comes with a cherry finish and a wavy rim. The cherry color suits any kitchen décor. It is constructed from rubberwood which is known for outstanding durability. Moreover, the bowl is easy to clean and doesn’t get scratch easily.
The dimension of the bowl is large enough for serving at least two persons. The material is safe for food and doesn’t cause any reaction with food items.
- Deep design for larger capacity.
- Durable construction for longevity.
- Cherry finish for a classy look.
- Easy to clean with regular water.
- Suitable for serving and preparing.
- The bowl is not ready to take heavy pressure.
7. Dansk Wood Classics 16-Inch Round Salad Bowl
Don’t you care about the price when you get the best quality product? Then Dansk wood salad bowl is the best option for you. Though Dansk wooden bowls are expensive, the performance of them is satisfactory. They have introduced the 16-inch round salad bowl. If your kitchen needs an extra large wooden salad bowl, this item is for you.
You will like the durable construction and the classy stylish reddish color. The Dansk salad bowl suits any kitchen décor. The deep design allows serving enough salad or fruits. Considering all the features and performance, this is one of the best solid wooden salad bowls.
- Versatile design to serve a wide range of food items.
- 16 x 5 x 16 inches dimension for larger capacity.
- Heavy-duty construction for longevity.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Scratch-resistant to keep the shiny look.
- It’s expensive and may not affordable for all.
8. Lipper International 1145 Acacia Straight-Side Serving Bowl
Most of the wooden salad bowls come in either round shape or curved shape. But if you want to have a straight side bowl for your kitchen, check the Lipper International 1145 salad bowl. This is a 10″ large salad bowl for serving your favorite salad or fruits in the meal. The bowl is deep enough to hold enough salad items or fruit items at a time.
The vintage outlook of the bowl brings a different look to your kitchen. Constructed from acacia wood for extreme durability. No matter if you are using it regularly, the acacia wood bowl would remain the same. Just keep it clean and condition once a month.
- Easy to care and clean.
- Contemporary design suits any kitchen décor.
- Larger capacity for users’ convenience.
- Lightweight and comfortable to carry.
- Best wooden salad bowl for money.
- Ideal for serving salads for a maximum of two persons.
- Straight sides make it difficult to hold the bowl.
9. Ironwood Gourmet 28134 Salinas Extra Large Salad Bowl XL
Do you want to serve salad for the whole family using a single wooden serving bowl? Then you must order the Ironwood Gourmet 28134 bowl which comes in a larger size. It can easily hold different salad items or fruits. The total dimension of this item is 16 x 8 inch. You can even use this bowl for serving pasta, bread, or similar food items.
The bowl is constructed from the top grade acacia wood materials for strength. Moreover, the look is so amazing that you can place the bowl in the center of your dining table.
- Comes in a larger size for enough serving.
- It is easy to use for preparing the salad.
- Versatile design for serving different items.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- Scratch-resistant interior and exterior.
- Because of the acacia wood, it is a little bit expensive.
- This is not a lightweight salad bowl.
10. Nambe Gourmet Harmony 3 Piece Wooden Salad Set
Preparing the salad directly in the bowl requires a spoon and some other accessories. If you want to have a complete set of the bowl with serving utensils, go for this Nambe Gourmet Harmony 3-piece wooden salad bowl set. You will get a large wooden bowl and two servers that you can also use for preparing. Once you receive the product, you will start liking it a lot. The outlook of the bowl is outstanding. The midcentury look will express your personality.
These three items are highly durable that you don’t have to replace them for a long time. With a little care, this set will serve for years without any major issues. The only thing you have to do is cleaning the bowl properly and conditioning once a month.
- Top-quality handcrafted wooden bowl.
- Doesn’t require much care.
- Serving spoons are included.
- Curved shape and deep design.
- A classy look with acacia wooden construction.
- Requires conditioning with oil to keep the shiny look.
How to Choose the Best Wooden Salad Bowl?
Choosing the best salad bowl can be tricky for both experienced and newbies. It is always confusing to pick from a bunch of products with different features. But make yourself an expert about salad bowl by considering the following facts.
Different wooden salad bowls come in a variety of styles. But you need to identify what is the sizing of the bowl. For serving enough salad at a time, the bowl needs to be larger. On the other hand, small wooden bowls are perfect for serving one to two-person. However, you need to find out how much serving do you expect with a single bowl. Based on the sizing, the capacity for holding items will vary. Read the product description before buying to know the actual measurement.
If you browse some salad bowls online, you will find they come in various shapes. For example, it can be round, square, oval, curved, and more shapes. To match with your existing kitchen utensils, choose the shape accordingly. Whichever shape you are choosing, it should be deep enough to hold the salad perfectly.
- Easy Maintenance
Maintaining a wooden bowl could be difficult. So, before you pick an item, look for the maintenance instructions. If the bowl is easy to clean and doesn’t require additional seasoning regularly, that would be a good companion for you.
Do you expect to use your new salad bowl for a long time without any hassle? Want to invest your budget on the best product? If yes, you should buy a durable one. For the outstanding durability of the bowl, check the raw materials. If you need extreme durability, Solid Wooden bowls would be the best option. For other wood types, read the ‘best wood types for salad bowl’ section where you will get a clear idea of getting the right product.
Besides the above features, look for the color of your chosen salad bowl. Does it have a stylish look? Does it match your kitchen décor? Then you should pick that item.
Best Types of Wood for Bowl
Though here I am going to review only the wooden salad bowls, again there are different types of wood that are being used for making salad bowls. So, there is a question, what are the best types of wood for salad bowls. Usually, most of the bowl manufacturers use hardwood materials to turn them into a bowl and they last longer than regular woods. Here are the best types that will meet your requirements and last longer –
- Acacia Wood: This is a member of the polyphyletic genus of shrubs and trees. They are used to be expensive but heavily durable. The wood commonly uses in furniture, cabinet, kitchen bowls, etc. For longevity, Acacia wood is best. Moreover, its classic look brings a charming look into your kitchen.
- Maple: Maple is a favorite tree to most Americans which grows in different states. The benefit of this wood is, they come with a creamy reddish-brown look. The natural color is so good that additional color adding is not required for them. Moreover, the wood is durable and widely used in bowls and cutting boards.
- Cherry: Cherry wood is a broadly used material for different accessories including kitchen cabinets, bowls, furniture, and more. The wood is moderately strong and comes in a reddish-brown color that makes the things stylish.
- Walnut: If you are looking for dark or dark brown wood salad bowls, walnut wood is best. Bowls that constructed from walnut become stronger. They usually come in a blend of light and dark colors.
- Red Oak: You may have seen different furniture which is constructed from red oak wood. This is a classic wood that uses in furniture, kitchen utensils, wood floor, and other accessories for the home. The color of the wood may vary but durability is guaranteed.
- Bamboo: Though Bamboo is not like the other tree class still it has an appearance like wood. If you like eco-friendly products, salad bowls from Bamboo are the right thing. They look classy and has anti-microbial properties.
How to Clean and Maintain Wood Salad Bowl?
You may have a wooden salad bowl set in the kitchen. But you won’t get the best performance unless you keep it clean and
maintain it properly. This is also mandatory to keep the bowl hygienic to avoid any health issue. So, here are the pro tips for good maintenance of your wooden salad bowls.
- Clean It Daily – No matter for which purpose did you use the salad bowl, clean the bowl immediately. For cleaning, never use the dishwasher which will cause serious damage to the bowls. Instead, use some warm water and mild soap. Also, avoid a rough scrubber and use a sponge for cleaning.
- Keep It Dry – Most of the people make a mistake at this point. They just wash the bowl and keep it for drying like a dish. But it will decrease the life of the bowl. Dry the bowl quickly after rinsing with warm water. Use a cotton cloth or kitchen towel to wipe out the water.
- Remove Stain – Sometimes the bowl may need a deep cleaning. For this, make a paste of baking soda, lemon, and water. Use a clean towel to apply the mixture. Scrub gently and the stain will go away. However, you may also use dishwashing liquid but a little bit extra.
- Conditioning – Conditioning is the most crucial part of your salad bowls. You need to pick the best oil for conditioning. Though there are different types of oil that you can use, mineral oil is the most popular and it is effective. So, pick a mineral oil from the grocery store or you can order online, and use the oil with a soft cloth. This will bring a shiny look to the bowl.
- Keep It Safe – As the bowl is constructed from wooden materials, store it in a safe place so that it never get hurt by anything. A small accident can damage or breakdown the bowl.
Pros and Cons of Using Wooden Salad Bowls
I get a question regularly which is ‘Is a wooden bowl good for use and does it have any cons?’ Well, like anything else wooden salad bowls also have some advantages and disadvantages. Here are the things that you need to know.
- Wooden salad bowls are stylish and come with excellent texture.
- They are handy and easy to maintain.
- Bowls made of wood are eco-friendly and doesn’t contain any harmful particles.
- Wood is completely non-reactive to any food items.
- Keeps the original taste of food.
- Wide range of collections to pick different styles.
- Wooden salad bowls are heat conductive.
- Food particles easily stick to the surface so it requires regular seasoning.
- Cracking is common for wooden bowls.
- Proper maintenance is essential to keep the classy look.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are wooden salad bowls safe?
Yes, they are safe as there is no toxic issue with them. But you must clean and take care of them properly to keep wooden bowls healthy. It’s also important to quickly wash wooden bowls manually using warm soapy water. And never use dishwasher.
Should you oil wooden salad bowls?
It’s good to use food-grade oil like mineral oil in wooden bowls. It will increase the bowl’s resistance to water and salad oil or liquid.
How do you season wooden salad bowl?
Take one tablespoon of mineral oil and half a tablespoon of coarse salt. Mix them well and scour the interior of the bowl using a paper towel.
Can you serve hot food in wooden salad bowls?
Can you put fruits in a wooden bowl?
A wooden salad serving bowl can be used to serve the salad, vegetables, fruits, popcorn, potato chips, and much more.
Is olive oil good for wooden bowls?
No. Using olive or vegetable oil can rancid after time.
What is the best oil for wooden bowls?
Mineral oil, grape seed oil, 100% tung oil, walnut oil, hemp seed oil are the best options for wooden bowls.
So, you got the list of the best wooden salad bowls with their details. From the above products, pick any item that matches your necessity. The performance, rating from existing customers, and longevity are satisfactory.
According to your budget, order the right one. Once you receive the product, just remember one thing, never use a dishwasher for cleaning and avoid keeping the bowl in a wet condition for a long time.