Keeping a broiler pan in your kitchen accessories collection will make some of the cooking work easier. With a minimal level of oil, you can cook a wide range of meat items. At the same time, you will save time. To get the most from this cooking tool requires to get the Best Broiler Pan. But the overwhelming number of products with almost the same features can make you confused.
If you know what to look for in a broiling pan, it could become easier. This buying guide is to provide you the necessary information to select the right item with the best price.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What Is a Broiler Pan?
- 2 Top 10 Best Broiler Pan Reviewed
- 2.1 Whirlpool 4396923 Porcelain Broiler Pan and Grid
- 2.2 Nordic Ware 42210 Toaster Oven 2-Piece Broiler
- 2.3 General Electric WB48X10056 Large Broiler Pan and Rack
- 2.4 Range Kleen BP106X 2 PC Porcelain Broil and Bake Pan
- 2.5 Farberware 57026 Nonstick Roasting Pan
- 2.6 Granite Ware Bake, Broil, and Grill Pan, 3-Piece Set
- 2.7 Wilton Non-Stick Broiler Pan Set
- 2.8 Frigidaire 5304442087 Range/Stove/Oven Broiler Pan
- 2.9 Nordic Ware Nonstick Broiler Pan Set
- 2.10 Norpro 273 Broil/Roast Pan Set
- 3 How to Choose the Best Broiler Pan?
What Is a Broiler Pan?
In a simple sentence, this is a pan where you can cook easily different types of meat items. But there are some differences between ordinary pans and broiler pans. If you cook in a regular pan in the oven, food won’t be cooked evenly. You may have to turn the pan back and use the other side of meat for cooking. But broiler pan has a heat-reflecting system that ensures even cooking each side. As a result, grilled meat become more delicious.
Quick Overview of 5 Best Broiler Pan
|Broiler Pan||Image||Editor's Rating||Overview||Price|
|Whirlpool 4396923 Porcelain Broiler Pan||4.6/5||Brand: Whirlpool|
Material: Metal Porcelain
Quantity: 2 Piece
Weight: 3 Pounds
|Nordic Ware 42210 Toaster Oven||4.4/5||Brand: Nordic Ware|
Material: Aluminized Steel
Quantity: 2 Piece
Weight: 9.6 Ounces
|General Electric WB48X10056 Large Broiler Pan||4.5/5||Brand: General Electric|
Quantity: 2 Piece
Weight: 0.16 Ounces
|Range Kleen BP106X 2 PC Porcelain Broil Pan||4.5/5||Brand: Range Kleen|
Material: Porcelain & Steel
Quantity: 2 Piece
Weight: 1 Pound
|Farberware 57026 Nonstick Roasting Pan||4.5/5||Brand: Farberware|
Quantity: 2 Piece
Weight: 3.7 Pounds
Benefits of Using Broiler Pan
Are you wondering why you should use a broiling pan instead of a regular pan? Let’s discuss the benefits of this item.
- Requires Less Oil – The first notable thing is cooking with less oil. Compared to broiling in a regular pan, a broiler pan requires minimal oil. Just brushing the grate with a few amounts of oil is enough for preparing a delicious grill.
- Cook Breakable Meat Cuts – Maybe you want to grill some thin cut chicken or maybe beef, in a regular pan, when you want to move the meat piece, it can break easily. No such issues will happen in a broiler pan.
- Time-Saving – As I mentioned earlier, broiler pans are designed to heat evenly the object on it. When you cook on a regular product, it gets heat only from the top. That is inconvenient for the perfect cooking. On the other hand, broiler pan can save you time by reflecting heat from the bottom. So, instead of or roasting the meat, you can broil to preserve the real flavor.
- Easy to Clean – When your food item is ready and you have served it, the next terrific thing you have a deal with is cleaning the pan. Broiler pans are easy to clean and hard food particles stick on its surface. Without any major dish cleaner, you can keep it clean.
- It is Budget-Friendly – Getting the best-rated broiler pan is not an expensive thing. You will find tons of items at an affordable price.
Top 10 Best Broiler Pan Reviewed
As mentioned earlier, tons of products are available in this category. Before putting this review on our site, we have sorted out the products and made a primary list of more than 30 products. After tested the performance, analyzed the product features, and comparing price, we have selected only 10 products.
Whirlpool 4396923 Porcelain Broiler Pan and Grid
People who are looking for the best broiler pan for the oven could grab this amazing item from the reputed brand Whirlpool. They have kept the price at a reasonable price. Built from porcelain material and comes in two parts. One is the stack rack and the other one is to catch juices and other dripping. The premium quality allows using almost all brands’ ovens.
Features a larger surface on the rack and you can prepare a whole meal for your family at a time. Ideal for cooking in large-sized microwaves. Circulates air properly all over the surface and ensures perfect delicious cooking each time. Get your meal ready within the shortest time.
- Compatible with all brand microwave and oven.
- Larger area on the surface.
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Durable porcelain finish for longevity.
- Less maintenance required.
- Not suitable to use in high heat.
Nordic Ware 42210 Toaster Oven 2-Piece Broiler
Looking for something handy to carry when going for some outdoor events? Then you must pick this super budget-friendly small broiler pan with rack. You can comfortably use the pan in toaster ovens. Also, it is compatible with a camping stove and RV stoves. The exterior comes in the nonstick finish to avoid sticking food particles.
With the aluminized steel construction, it lasts longer than other cheap products. The rack comes with a dripping plate. To keep the plate safe from getting dirty, it comes with a BPA-free plastic cover. As the exterior is nonstick, there will be less mess and cleaning is super easy.
- Price is affordable for all.
- Metal construction for durability.
- Comfortable to carry outdoor.
- Nonstick surface for hassle-free cleaning.
- This item is not dishwasher safe.
General Electric WB48X10056 Large Broiler Pan and Rack
This item from General Electric is a versatile one that allows you to cook a wide range of food items. Features a large surface for placing meat, veggies, and other items as you wish to bake. The product has two parts where the rack is for stacking and the other one is dripping pan.
Instead of some cheap quality metals, it is made of industrial-grade steel that ensures durability. With the proper care of the surface, it will serve best for years. The exterior of the rack does have a nonstick porcelain surface to avoid too much mess. Fast and even heating system saves you time by cooking food faster.
- Durable construction with steel.
- Dishwasher safe for comfortable cleaning.
- Larger area for placing foods.
- Nonstick exterior for mess-free cooking.
- It requires less oil and the shortest time.
- Edges are sharp that may cause an accident.
- Nonstick coating can come off from overheating.
Range Kleen BP106X 2 PC Porcelain Broil and Bake Pan
Healthy cooking is the way to remain safe from obesity. This Range Kleen non stick broiler pan is perfect for cooking with minimal oil. Whether it is your favorite meat dish or broiling some fish, the cooking will be perfect. The main construction is with porcelain metal for extreme strength. Unlike some cheaply made pans, this one allows for use in up to 1025 degrees F.
The porcelain surface is naturally nonstick and causes less grease. The dripping plate catches the access oil and juices and keeps the oven safe and clean. 12.75 Inch by 8.5 Inch dimension of the rack surface is enough for preparing a full meal for a small family.
- Long-lasting construction with heavy-duty metal.
- Highly heat resistant to perform best in all conditions.
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
- Dishwasher safe for less maintenance.
- Compatible for meat, fish, veggies, and all.
- Losing color after a certain time is common for it.
- Can’t tolerate extreme heat.
Farberware 57026 Nonstick Roasting Pan
The roaster design of this item is highly recommended for meat lovers. Using minimal oil, you can have delicious items for your family. The whole product has two parts which are the roaster and the rack. Do whatever you want to including roasting, making steaks, and more. This convenient broiler tray is best for family usages.
The exterior comes with a nonstick coating that allows for mess-free roasting. Use in the oven at up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit without any issues.
Durable construction with easy to grip handles makes it easy to use. From seafood to veggies, everything could be cook on the rack.
- Both interior and exterior have a nonstick coating.
- Easy to clean surface.
- Drip tray to clasp extra oil.
- Chrome-plated handles for perfect gripping.
- Heavy gauge carbon steel construction for longevity.
- Handles are movable that requires cooking gloves to hold.
- Not for cooking in high heat.
Granite Ware Bake, Broil, and Grill Pan, 3-Piece Set
This is the perfect combo for customers. The 3-piece set includes a grilling pan, broiling pan, and a baking pan. When you are ordering this unit, you are actually saving money. With this one set of accessories, you can complete most of your tasks in the kitchen. The main material is carbon steel and the surface comes with porcelain material. As a result, it is durable and long-lasting.
Instead of thick or thin grates, it actually has holes to pass the access oil. Great for roasting or broiling chicken. It is, however, not recommended for preparing steaks. The nonstick surface reduces hassle in cleaning.
- Compatible for a wide range of items.
- Energy-efficient for faster cooking.
- Even cooking with less oil.
- It doesn’t contain PFOA or PTFE.
- The dark interior absorbs more heat.
- It may wrap under high heat.
- Not the best for beef items.
Wilton Non-Stick Broiler Pan Set
It is one of the best broiler pans for steaks at an affordable price. If you love to make steak in the restaurant-style using an oven, you will find this item helps a lot. It is designed with two parts to cook with less oil. Made from top-quality durable steel for heavy performance. The surface is enough for a full meal.
From fish to meat, everything could be broiled in it. The top surface is nonstick and it doesn’t allow food particles to stick. As a result, the pan produces less grease and it is easy to clean. Just use some soapy water with a scrubber and it will be clean.
- Comes at a reasonable price.
- No stains on the surface.
- Easy to release food particles for cleaning.
- Metal construction for strength.
- The surface is kind of small.
- The holes are small and access oil may remain on top.
Frigidaire 5304442087 Range/Stove/Oven Broiler Pan
Frigidaire 5304442087 is the perfect one for cooking with less oil. The wide slit design on the rack easily passes excess oil and juices through the slits. Perfect for cooking in oven, stove, and range. If you need an extra-large broiler pan with nonstick coating, you should check this out. The exterior is designed with porcelain nonstick coating. Foods perfectly slide on it and don’t burn the food.
The overall construction of the pan is satisfactory. Just take proper care of the nonstick coating and it will perform its best. No matter what you want to cook, there are no issues with veggies, fish, meat, and other food items.
- Compatible for all types of cooking.
- Porcelain enamel nonstick surface.
- Hassle-free cleaning with regular dish cleaner.
- Chemical-free construction for healthy cooking.
- It is comparatively expensive.
- In high heat, the nonstick coating may damage.
Nordic Ware Nonstick Broiler Pan Set
Another two-piece set of slotted broiler pan from Nordic which has similar features as some expensive products. It features the rib design on the rack to remove extra oil from food. Notably, steak lovers will like this item a lot. The broiling racks can be set on the drip pan to catch excess oil.
Whether you want to bake or grill, the performance remains to save. Ideal for grilling or broiling poultry, veggies, fish, meat, and similar items. Most people like this item because of its minimal maintenance. The nonstick top doesn’t store grease on it and food particles can be removed with a gentle wipe. No stain at all!
- Suitable for a wide range of cooking styles.
- Lightweight design for comfortable handling.
- Nonstick coating to avoid heavy stains.
- Drip tray included collecting oil and juices.
- Tri-ply construction for longevity.
- The ribbed design can’t pass all the excess oil.
- Nonstick coating could have better.
Norpro 273 Broil/Roast Pan Set
No doubt that heavy metal construction is more heat resistant than ordinary metal. But the fact is, sometimes moving and handling the pan with food items on it becomes difficult because of heavyweight. If you are looking for something convenient, you should go for this Norpro 273 broil pan. This stainless steel broiler pan is easy to handle and suitable for a wide range of cooking methods.
It features perforated top to drain off oil and other greasy things from it. A pan is included with the rack to collect extra oil in it. As stainless steel is naturally nonstick, hardly food particles stick to it. You can continue cooking on it without any major stains or scratches.
- Durable stainless steel construction.
- Drip tray included.
- Suitable for both veggies and meat.
- Lightweight design for users’ convenience.
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- No additional nonstick coating.
How to Choose the Best Broiler Pan?
It is not uncommon that some people are claiming that broiler pan is not working for them. Well, there is no doubt that the cooking accessory is great but when chosen the wrong product, it could be a nightmare. If you are a wise customer, you must do your research before finalizing a product. Here are the things that you must consider to pick the best one –
- The Dimension of The Pan
When choosing a new product, we will find that the product has a sizing chart. Because everyone doesn’t need the same size as the pan. You need to be aware of picking the right size. From small to large any size you can select based on the amount of food you want to cook. Also, in case you are buying the pan only for using in the oven, match the size of the pan and oven to avoid further hassle. To cook a large portion of food at a time, it requires something large.
- Easy Maintenance
No matter how good the pan is when it is difficult to maintain it. Before you order, make sure you have read the maintenance procedure for it and you are okay with that. The first thing is easy cleaning. The surface should be nonstick to avoid a greasy mess on the top. At the same time, for your convenience, consider the dishwasher safety.
- Types of Food You Want to Cook
What kind of pan you should buy hugely depends on the type of food you want to cook. For instance, if you are looking for something to cook only meat, you should pick one with wide slit grills which helps to pass dripping easily. But go for the opposite when you want to cook only vegetables.
The versatility of kitchen accessories is a good thing when you want to save money. Don’t mistake by buying a pan which has a limitation in the cooking style. Instead, go for something versatile that allows cooking in various styles. Your selected product should have the features to cook meat, snacks, and all other things that you can imagine for a broiler pan.
Pricing may vary based on features and materials. remember that expensive products are not always the best and there is no guarantee of the optimum performance. At the same time, don’t be crazy about a product just because it is offering a low price. Instead, focus on the feature and the things that actually help you in cooking. Now balance between the price and features. If you don’t want to take the hassle of price comparison, you can pick one from the list we have shared.
Different Types of Broiler Pan
Broiler pans come in the almost same type of design. The grill on the top and a plater under the grill to catch the dripping. However, based on the grill type, metal, and construction, we may consider different types. However, performance won’t be affected based on the type. Just the variety helps in different styles of cooking.
Some pans come with thin grills on top which is ideal for cooking large-sized meta pieces. This ensures the whole meat is getting proper heat for even cooking. But this type could be difficult to use when you are using it for broiling some vegetables. Instead of the grill system, some products also have holes on top for passing the dripping. The rack may come with wider space between the cooking surface and in some cases, the rack and pan fit inside with handles. This is handy when you want to keep the food safe and remove it easily once it is cooked.
How to Use a Broiler Pan?
It is no rocket science to use a broiler pan. Instead, it is more straightforward. However, based on the type of cooking you prefer, using the pan may vary. For instance, if you are going to broil in an oven, first of all, position the rack inside the oven. Turn on the oven and preheat the rack for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Once it is done, now bring it outside and put the food item on top. Brush some oil on the meat, place it back to the oven and place the pan under the rack.
If the surface of the pan is not nonstick, you can place a foil paper on top. Cut through the foil paper so that the dripping and juices can still pass to the pan. It reduces the hassle of cleaning once cooking is done. For vegetables, you don’t have to use oil or anything. It’s pretty simple, just place the vegetables on the rack, set it with the pan and start cooking. No need for any preheating.
Remember that, cooking in a broiler pan is not like just placing the raw foods and sit it down for cooking. Most people make a mistake at this point. To have the delicious and juicy tendered meat steaks or similar items, you must keep an eye on the broiler pan.
How to Clean Broiler Pan?
Broiler pans are great for broiling, grilling, and different works. But once your cooking is done, it is mandatory to clean the entire surface of the pan to avoid heavy stain. Cleaning the pan after cooking is not difficult when you own an easy to clean broiler pan and know how to do it properly.
If the surface is nonstick and there is less grease, you can clean it in the ordinary process. Turn on the tap water and store some water in the sink. Use the cleaning soap and some ammonia. Now soak the pan for at least 15 minutes. Then remove the pan from water and give it a gentle scrub with a soft brush. All the mess will come out from the pan and run fresh water through it and it will be clean.
When there are too much mess and grease on the pan and also have some stains, preheat the pan before you apply the cleaning agent. Now prepare a mixture of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar. Apply this mixture on the surface and use the scrubber and everything will be wiped out from the pan easily.
Tips on How to Take Care Your Broiler Pan
- Always keep the pan clean once cooking is done.
- Don’t use a rough brush on the surface for scrubbing.
- Never use metal things for cleaning.
- To avoid stain, brush some oil before broiling.
- Manual washing is recommended even if it is dishwasher safe.
- If any temperature range mentioned, follow it to avoid issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Pans Can Be Used for Broiling?
A: Sturdy and durable metal, stainless steel, aluminum, or porcelain pan are the best options for cooking with broiler. The rimmed sheet pan also works well with the broiler.
Q: Is a Broiler Pan Necessary?
A: A broiler pan helps to circulate air properly under the food that helps to cook the food evenly. Otherwise, it’s not strictly necessary.
Q: Is a Broiler Pan and Roasting Pan Same?
A: There is a little difference between broiler pan and roasting pan. Generally, broiler pans are shallower and have a slotted base. On the other hand, roasting pans are a little bit deeper in size and helps to cook meat with its own juice.
Q: Do I Need To Preheat Broiler Pan?
A: No. And you should avoid pre-heating.
Q: Is Broiling Pan Dishwasher Safe?
A: Yes. Most of the broiling pan comes with dishwasher safe features for easy cleaning.
Q: Can You Use Broil Pan to Bake?
Q: What Can You Use If No Broiler Pan?
A: You can use a cast iron skillet, aluminum foil tray or baking tray instead of broiler pan.
This list of Best Broiler Pans includes only 10 products. We maintained a strict process to finalize each item. These 10 products passed on different perimeters and are the best in their price range. If you want to take further trouble to find a good broiler pan, without any doubt, you can pick one from this list.
- Difference Between a Broiling & Roasting Pan – Our Everyday Life
- How To Use Your Broiler – The Kitchn
- 10 Mistakes You’re Making With Your Broiler – Taste Of Home