If you have visited museums ever, you will notice that there are some exclusive metal teapots. If you are wondering what metal is that, most of the cases, it is cast iron. The style is back and now you can grab a modern teapot just like the ancient one. It is classy and looks amazing with other metal kitchen accessories.
Because of its popularity, various brands are now producing this item. The overwhelming number of products may make you confused. To have the Best Cast Iron Teapot, you need to consider some fundamental facts. In this buying guide, I am aiming to provide all the essential data that you need.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What is Cast Iron Teapot?
- 2 Top 10 Best Cast Iron Teapot Reviewed
- 2.1 TOPTIER Japanese Cast Iron Teapot with Stainless Steel Infuser
- 2.2 TOWA Workshop Japanese Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot
- 2.3 TOPTIER Japanese Cast Iron Teapot
- 2.4 Old Dutch Cast Iron Sapporo Teapot
- 2.5 Sotya Tetsubin Japanese Tea Kettle
- 2.6 SUSTEAS Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot with Stainless Steel Infuser
- 2.7 JUEQI 900 ML Old Dutch Cast Iron Teapot
- 2.8 OMyTea 100% Handmade Chinese/Japanese Vintage Kungfu Gongfu Tea Set
- 2.9 Primula Japanese Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot
- 2.10 Primula PCI-5228 Green Dragonfly Japanese Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot
- 3 How to Choose the Best Cast Iron Teapot?
What is Cast Iron Teapot?
Where most of the teapots are just for storing tea and pouring over a cup, the cast iron teapot is suitable for boiling and brewing tea. This is the oldest type of kettle and the specialized metal preserves flavor inside. It is durable and doesn’t have any toxic materials. As a result, you can use a single item for a long time and save money.
Quick Overview of 5 Best Cast Iron Tea Pot
|Cast Iron Teapot||Image||Editor's Rating||Overview|
|TOPTIER Japanese Cast Iron Teapot||4.7/5||Brand: TOPTIER|
Capacity: 950 ml
Color: Light Green
Weight: 3.55 Pounds
|TOWA Workshop Japanese Tetsubin Cast Iron||4.6/5||Brand: TOWA|
Capacity: 650 ml
Weight: 2.55 Pounds
|TOPTIER Japanese Cast Iron Teapot||4.6/5||Brand: TOPTIER|
Capacity: 900 ml
Weight: 3.55 Pounds
|Old Dutch Cast Iron Sapporo Teapot||4.5/5||Brand: Old Dutch|
Capacity: 592 ml
Weight: 2.8 Pounds
|Sotya Tetsubin Japanese Tea Kettle||4.7/5||Brand: Sotya|
Capacity: 300 ml
Weight: 1.7 Pounds
Benefits of Using Cast Iron Teapot
Most of the customers have a common query which is cast iron teapot benefits. Well, you should know it to understand why the product has more price and more popularity.
- Be Exceptional – Well, using a cast iron teapot has several benefits. But the very first thing you are going to like is its classic design. Do you want to explore your taste of style? This metal product will fulfill your requirements. It looks great in the kitchen. Especially, the artistic design of this item is mind-blowing. It is more popular in Japan and if you already have some accessories related to Japanese style, this will enrich the collection.
- Long-Lasting – How long can you use an ordinary kettle? Most of the items will sustain maximum for 5 years and then it will lose the shine. But when you have a cast iron tea pot, it will last years and years with minimal maintenance. No matter whether you are giving excess heat or boiling too much tea, it will be safe. The cast iron metal hardly gets scratches or stains. It will look like new for a long time. If you think of longevity, it will serve the purpose for a lifetime.
- It is Healthy – Boiling tea in an ordinary teapot and drinking from it doesn’t have any health benefit. Alternatively, if it comes with metal construction, different chemical reactions may happen during boiling tea. But there are no such issues with a cast-iron one. Instead of any toxic materials, this will mix some iron in tea. People who are struggling with iron deficiency could be benefited from it.
- Easy to Clean – The worst part of making tea in a kettle is, you have to clean the pot entirely. Otherwise, it will cause odor and keep stain on the surface. But cast iron is naturally nonstick. As a result, it won’t get stain or hard to remove scratches on it. Cleaning is too much easy. Just use some soapy water and scrub with a soft scrubber, it will be clean.
Top 10 Best Cast Iron Teapot Reviewed
TOPTIER Japanese Cast Iron Teapot with Stainless Steel Infuser
This is a Japanese iron teapot that is made of pure cast iron material. It is a perfect kettle for a family with 3-4 people who drink coffee. The capacity of the pot is 32 oz. or 950 ml. Which means you can prepare tea for at least 4 people. It ensures maximum flavor from tea leaves to water. The special mechanism can break down the elements of Fe2+. So, each time you get the perfect tea.
Features an ergonomic folding handle to hold and move the teapot comfortably. The infuser helps to keep the leaf separate to get only the raw tea. Once you are done, keeping the inside clean is enough for storage. No need for any detergent or soap for cleaning. Only water is to clean inside.
Check: Best Cast Iron Pots and Pans
- Available in different sizes.
- Color options are available.
- Boiling and brewing is easy in it.
- Comfortable folding handle to carry and pouring.
- The artistic design on the exterior.
- Handle edges are not rust resistant.
- Takes longer time to boil water.
TOWA Workshop Japanese Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot
Looking for the pure Japanese cast iron teapot? Then you must pick this TOWA Tetsubin which has an antique look and ideal for 2 people. The first thing you are going to like in this item is its classy look. The whole body of the teapot has artistic Japanese design. A comfortable handle is attached to the teapot and it is twinned with rope to protect the hand from burning. It can stand itself.
Using this item is pretty straightforward. Fill the teapot with some water and use enough tea leaf, keep the stove in the light fire, and get a perfect tea. Boiling water in it is healthy. When water is warm, the teapot releases iron and absorb the chloride. So, water becomes tasty and brings the perfect flavor in tea.
- Professionally crafted from cast iron.
- Traditional Japanese style with texture.
- Easy to use for boiling and brewing.
- Requires less time for boiling.
- Requires less maintenance.
- Not suitable for more than 2 people.
TOPTIER Japanese Cast Iron Teapot
This enameled cast iron teapot comes in a modern design instead of an antique look. The diamond-shaped teapot suits any kitchen décor and accessory set. The maximum water capacity of the teapot is 900 ml and the recommended boiling is 700 ml. if you are boiling the maximum amount, you can serve tea for 3-4 people. The top-grade cast iron material protects it from damage and lasts longer.
The infuser is made of stainless steel and it helps to remove tea leaf from the tea. When boiling water, this kettle releases iron ion and absorbs the chloride ion to make water sweeter and soft. As a result, your tea becomes tastier.
- Unique diamond pattern for a modern look.
- Stainless steel infuser for longevity.
- Easy to separate loose leaf.
- Pro-grade cast iron easy to clean.
- The comfortable handle on top.
- Not suitable for high heat boiling.
Old Dutch Cast Iron Sapporo Teapot
A cast iron tea pot with texture is the perfect thing to pick for your kitchen. This item by Old Dutch brings the top-grade cast iron teapot with all essential features. The cast iron teapot made in Japan and it maintains the Japanese style. The heat-retaining properties of cast iron keep teat at the proper temperature for serving. The interior has a porcelain enamel interior to prevent scratches.
The infuser is included and it allows to separate loose tea leaf from tea. Cleaning and maintenance for the teapot are easy. Just wash with warm water once brewing is done. No additional maintenance required.
- 20 oz. the capacity of brewing.
- Included infuser to separate loose leaf.
- Porcelain enamel interior for longevity.
- Easy to clean only with fresh water.
- Sizing is available.
- The handle is poorly made.
- The infuser is not made of pure stainless steel.
Sotya Tetsubin Japanese Tea Kettle
This item is designed by following the exact style as the ancient teapots. If you don’t have budget issues, you must check this product. Comparing to other products on the list, this one has a larger capacity. It can hold 1000 ml of water inside. Yet, when brewing, don’t fill more than 700 ml to avoid the overflow of water. Constructed from solid cast iron for durability and long-lasting performance.
The textured design will create a distinctive vibe in the tea serving. You can easily pour the ready tea to cups with a convenient handle. The handle is twined with a rope to avoid heat. Your hand will be safe even when the teapot is on the stove. This cast iron teapot with infuser allows serving only tea avoiding loose leaf.
- Larger room to brew enough tea.
- Heavy-duty construction for longevity.
- Cleansing is easy and requires less maintenance.
- Comfortable handle to avoid heat.
- Faster heating to save you time.
- It is quite heavy to handle.
SUSTEAS Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot with Stainless Steel Infuser
No doubt that you will find different options with less price. But if you really care about quality and expect long-lasting performance, this teapot would be great. Regardless of its higher price, you are going to like it a lot. The heavy-duty construction of the teapot allows using in all conditions without any damage. Compatible with a wide range of stovetop. The textured exterior looks good.
Most of the cast iron teapots are not suitable for boiling water in high heat. But you can do that in this item without any issues. It doesn’t have any enamel coating and that makes the water healthier. Tea that brewed in this will taste better.
- Durable construction with solid cast iron.
- No chemical-based coating inside.
- Hassle-free cleaning with regular water.
- Different sizes are available.
- Releases iron ion to make water soft and healthy.
- It is a little bit expensive.
JUEQI 900 ML Old Dutch Cast Iron Teapot
If you have a passion for antique cast iron kettle, you should grab this JUEQI teapot. Though this Japanese styled teapot is not antique, it is designed likewise to some oldest models. Instead of a conventional texture look, it does have a handcrafted design on it. The teapot is constructed with a comfortable handle and a lid for users’ convenience. The larger size allows us to fill up to 900 ml water inside.
The interior is enamel coated but without any lead. It is healthy to boil water in it and drinking. When boiling water, the cast iron construction releases iron ion that adds into the water and removes chloride ion to make it healthy. You will have lifetime service from it when taken the proper care.
- No need heavy cleaning or bleaching.
- Scratch-resistant inside with enamel coating.
- It comes with stainless steel infuser.
- Larger capacity inside to brew enough tea.
- Handle designed with a hemp rope to keep it cool.
- Comparatively higher price.
- Bulky design and quite heavy.
OMyTea 100% Handmade Chinese/Japanese Vintage Kungfu Gongfu Tea Set
When you want to follow the pure Japanese style to serve tea, having the cast iron tea pot is not enough. You need a complete set and OMyTea is offering a good deal. They have introduced this set where you will get a porcelain teapot, teacups, bamboo tea tray, and tea mat with a portable travel bag. Brew your favorite tea in it and serve the tea in the cups. Carry it for outdoor events with the travel bag.
It comes with 4 cups that are enough for family usages. The cups are constructed with solid metal for longevity. Drinking tea on this will be helpful for your health. No chemical or toxic materials are present in it.
- Lightweight design for users’ convenience.
- All essential items are included.
- Easy to clean inside.
- Larger Japanese style cups with tray.
- Side handles to move it.
- The teapot comes with less capacity.
- Doesn’t have any texture exterior.
Primula Japanese Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot
No matter how much money did you spend on a teapot when the design is not attractive. If you want something modern looking, this floral designed cast iron teapot is recommended for you. The exterior of the teapot is beautifully designed with texture. The floral blue color brings a good vibe to your breakfast. It is originated with heavy cast iron which ensures extreme heat retention.
Inside has enamel coating and it helps to keep the teapot clean with less hassle. Stainless steel infuser inside allows brewing a perfect tea with loose tea leaves. The infuser will keep the loose-leaf separate to have only the raw tea.
- Floral blue stylish color.
- Enamel coating inside for easy cleaning.
- Durable construction with solid cast iron.
- The infuser is included with the teapot.
- Comfortable handle to pour tea over a cup.
- Price is higher than the average price.
- You may not like the heavyweight.
Primula PCI-5228 Green Dragonfly Japanese Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot
This Japanese Tetsubin is a perfect choice for people who like old fashioned accessories for the kitchen. The ancient look of the teapot will express your personality. Built from solid cast iron metal for long-lasting performance. Despite the higher price, it is worth to invest in this item. Features 26 oz capacity which means you can brew enough tea at a time.
The textured design with craft on the body goes with any kitchen décor. Inside is coated with enamel that allows for hassle-free cleaning. No issues when you want to use loose tea leaves. Stainless steel infuser included keeping the loose leaf separate from tea.
- Premium cast iron for longevity.
- Comfortable handle to pour-over cup.
- Larger capacity inside.
- It doesn’t require much maintenance or heavy cleaning.
- Suitable to brew all kind of teas.
- It weighs 4.0 pounds which is difficult to move.
How to Choose the Best Cast Iron Teapot?
Picking the right one and getting the best deal could be challenging for someone who is a new user. Yet, it is not rocket science to understand which one will be better. All you have to do is, consider the essential facts. Once you know the features are present in the selected product, you are good to go.
Before you order a teapot, be concern about the origin of it. Though different countries may produce this product, the top-quality products come from China and Japan. Particularly, if it is Japanese Cast Iron Teapot, the quality will be good for sure. Products from China also have good quality, just make sure you are checking it properly. If you don’t find the info on the product page, ask the seller to know the details.
- Construction Quality
Just because a product is labeled as cast iron constructed doesn’t mean the quality will be good. Instead, check how it is made and if the product is made from only cast iron. Pure cast iron is naturally nonstick and it won’t be too much shiny. Read the product description to know if it is nonstick and has scratch resistance.
Cast iron teapots come in a wide range of shapes, colors, and styles. Each design has its own appeal and may not attract others. So, you need to find out which design to suit to your kitchen décor most. If you browse the products, you will surely find a product that matches your personality and preference. If you want to follow some particular culture for the teapot, choose a product that goes with that culture.
The capacity of the teapot will vary based on the product type and the brand. For instance, some products even can come with a 2-liter capacity. Which means you can boil a maximum of 2 liters of tea at a time. But this huge capacity is not mandatory for everyone. More capacity means the larger size and heavyweight. If you don’t comfortable with something heavy, go for a smaller size and less capacity. Most of the products offer a sizing chart to choose from.
Cast iron tea pots are indeed the most durable type of teapots. But it may not be the same for all products. Some items come with only cast iron construction and some may come with the combination of other metals. To have a clear concept, read some feedbacks from existing customers. This will give you an idea of how long it may serve as a new product.
Don’t be a fool by the marketing tricks when buying a new teapot. You often will find some brands are claiming that they are offering the best features that is why the price is high. But the fact is, you can have the best cast iron kettle within your budget. Let me give you a tip. Make a list of products offering the same features. Now sort them out according to price, check the average customer feedback, brand reputation, and make your decision. You can, however, avoid the hassle by picking one from the following list.
How to Use a Cast Iron Teapot?
Are you a new user of cast iron teapot and don’t know how to use a cast iron teapot? Well, here I am explaining the process that you can follow to prepare the perfect tea each time using a cast-iron teakettle.
If you want to brew a perfect tea with loose leaf, then fill the teapot with fresh water. If you have any goal to make a certain amount of tea, use the water accordingly. Once the water is warm enough, now you can add the tea leaf in it. To have a perfect blend, use 1 tablespoon of loose leaf for per 200 ml water.
However, you may prefer more strength or light, it is up to you. Steer the loose leaf for a few minutes and rest it for 5 to 10 minutes. Your tea will be ready. To avoid stain on the surface, make sure that you are not applying too much heat on it. Similarly, you can warm up your ready tea using a cast iron teapot. You may put the teapot on a wide range of burners including countertop stove.
How to Clean Cast Iron Teapot?
Using a cast iron teapot regularly is the best way to keep it free from rust. If you are using the tea kettle regularly, always keep it empty. Keeping tea inside the infuser may cause issues in the long run. Once you have completed brewing tea or warming up the tea, now it is cleaning time. Use some soapy water to clean inside and that is enough. If you need deep cleaning, you may use some warm water and soap for cleaning. Use a soft scrubber to wipe the loose leaf from the inside wall.
If the cast iron teapot was stored for a while and it is already getting rust, you have to follow a different way. Use a wired brush to scrub the inside, run fresh water through it, use some dishwashing soap and hot water, you will find rust is wiped out. Now keep it upside down to dry insider. Wipe with a dry cloth and store the teapot for future usage.
Q: Do Cast Iron Teapots Keep Tea Hot Longer Than Ceramic Teapots?
A: If you are using a large cast iron teapot then it may keep the tea longer than the ceramic one. But it totally depends on how you store it.
Q: Are Japanese Cast Iron Teapots Safe?
A: Yes. They are safe to boil water or Brewing tea.
Q: Can I Use Cast Iron Teapot on the Stove?
A: If you are using an enameled cast iron teapot, then you should avoid stove. It will damage the enamel layer.
Q: Is Enameled Cast Iron Tea Pot Healthy?
A: Yes. They are healthy as there are no toxic or harmful materials used.
Q: Do Cast Iron Tea Kettles Whistle?
A: Whistle feature is not available with all cast iron tea kettles. So if you want to get one with this feature, you should check before buying.
Getting the Best Cast Iron Teapot is not a difficult task anymore. This exclusive list contains all the top-class products with the best price. If you don’t want to struggle to find the best cast iron kettle, just pick one from this list. The quality of the above products is guaranteed as they are selected based on different perimeters. Grab yours and enrich your kitchen.