In this review, we are going to discuss some best ceramic nonstick cookware sets which you can buy for your kitchen or gift to your family, colleagues, and friends. Ceramic made cooking pots and pans are not that old. Thousand years back ceramic pots, cups; jugs are used by ancient people of Chinese and Greeks.
Even in many houses ceramic pots and plates are used as serving the dish at that time. The cookware that used today as ceramic cookware sets are close to the sets used in America around 1699 AC. But after introducing the industrial age of metal, these clay and sand mix pots lose their popularity.
What is the Best Ceramic Cookware Set?
- Xtrema Ceramic Cookware (5-Piece Starter Set)
- Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set
- T-fal C996SE Initiatives Nonstick Ceramic Coating Set
- GreenLife CW000531-002 Soft Grip Ceramic Cookware Set
- Red Copper Copper-Infused Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set
But, Is Ceramic Cookware Healthy?
In a nutshell, Ceramic cookware is healthy for everyday cooking. Although there are some minor disadvantages available for this cookware, almost all cookware experts claim this cookware is safe for healthy cooking.
According to Steffani Cameron from Hunker, ceramic can be dangerous only if cooking temperatures are over 700 degrees Fahrenheit. But normal cooking temperatures is not more than 200 degrees Fahrenheit for most of the regular dishes. And there is no risk to cook with ceramic up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Katie Wells from Wellness Mama also claimed that Glazed Ceramic Pans are safe to use as well as a high-quality set like Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Set. She also recommends this one for healthy cooking.
Well, So What About Ceramic Coated Cookware?
Like 100% ceramic cookware, ceramic coated cookware set also safe for everyday uses. Ceramic coated pots and pans mainly made of Aluminum or Hard Anodized Aluminum Bases with pure ceramic coating. As there are no harmful or toxic materials like PFOA, Led, or Cadmium not available in this coating, so there is nothing to worry about them. But you should avoid high heat cooking and metal utensils while cooking with ceramic coated cookware.
Quick Overview of 3 Top Rated Ceramic Cookware Sets
10 Best Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set Reviews 2021
Then why we are here to talk about ceramic cooking pots? It’s because now people are more conscious about using environmentally friendly smart cookware. Manufacturers are using this type of set with a little improvisation. In order to increase the performance and versatility, they are starting to use the ceramic coating on a different kind of metal pans/pots. So, you get full benefits of ceramic-like, toxin and chemical-free cooking and durability and heat conductivity of the metal body. So, on both sides, it’s beneficial for every user.
So after testing 15+ cookware sets, we finally decide to make these ten ceramic cookware reviews given below. These are some of the best ceramic cookware brands. Some are less popular, but we pick them anyway because of their features and benefits. So, let’s begin.
1. Xtrema Ceramic Cookware (5-Piece Starter Set)
If you are thinking to complete your cooking set in the kitchen, then you can have this Xtrema 5-Piece Starter Ceramic Cookware Set. It’s a pure ceramic cookware set, so there is nothing about toxicity or unhygienic cooking. You can make anything on it. Like, tomato soup, lasagna, pasta steaks anything. It’s good for searing and makes a good crust that you look for in your well-done items.
The set is different from any other model cause; it’s 100% metal-free — also, it’s oven, microwave, and fridge safe. And the manufacturer also claims that this is a Solid Ceramic Cookware Set. Due to its smooth surface, it can cook in low oil and too easy to clean up. If you need it, you can put the set entirely on the dishwasher also.
The best ceramic pots and pans set comes with a Versa pot with cover (1.5 qt), one traditional skillet (7-in), two red color potholders for the pots. For the item quantity, the price of the product is slightly high price. But if you start to use them all, you will understand that investing in a high-quality product could never be loose.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- Ideal for low-fat cooking.
- Easy to clean up.
- Comes with a potholder for more convenience.
- Durable product.
- Expensive product.
2. Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set
Like the show, Rachael Ray has made her cookware line equally famous by providing all amazing cookware sets. And you will love to see her collections with all verity, versatility, and uniqueness. The Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel nonstick set that we tested here is suitable for any home kitchen. It’s rustic in look but very modern with functions. It’s made of hard-anodized aluminum with rigid handles. The handles are supposed to be dual riveted rubberized. But actually, it has rubber lines on the sides only.
You will find the set with all interesting color shades. Like, it has, Agave blue, pumpkin orange, cranberry reds, grey, lavender, etc. that is why it’s not only perfect as cookware but also as dinnerware. You can serve food directly from the pot while a regular meal or has a small gathering at home.
The interior coating of the set is made of PFOA free enamel porcelain. The surface is very efficient for low-fat cooking and easy cleaning.
The set comes with 12 essential pieces which include three covers saucepan (1, 3, & 6-quart), two skillets (8 & 10-in) and one stockpot (6-qt).
- Food usually doesn’t stick on the surface.
- Good for fast cleaning.
- Oven proof up to 400 F.
- Suitable for gas, halogen, glass, etc. stoves.
- Shatterproof glass with rigid rims.
- Nice color and construction.
- Not dishwasher safe.
3. T-fal C996SE Initiatives Nonstick Ceramic Coating Set
If you want low budget ceramic cookware set to cook a healthy meal for your family, then T-fal C996SE is a better one. It has made of heavy gauge aluminum. Inside all of these pots, there is a toxin-free enamel coating. You can cook an item with little drops of oil without burning the ingredients or make them sticky. All the pots evenly spread the heat so the cooking time could decrease than usual. The lids are made of shatter-free tempered glass and handles are reverted and also heat resistant.
The ceramic interior is stretch resistant and doesn’t get stain easily. You can clean it by hand or put it into the dishwasher.
This set comes with 14 essential cooking pieces as kitchen aids. You get, two frying pans (7.5 & 11-in) with cover, two saucepans (1 & 2-qrt) with cover, one Dutch oven with lid (5-qt), one egg wonder, and 4 Nylon coated wooden utensils.
- Distributes heat equally.
- Free from Cadmium, Lead, PFOA, and PTFE.
- Pans are oven-safe up to 350 and pots are for 570 F.
- Dishwasher safe ceramic cookware set.
- Affordable price.
- The pots seem small as they are mention in the description.
- Not suitable for induction stoves.
4. GreenLife CW000531-002 Soft Grip Cookware Set
The GreeLife CW000531-002 could be a great addition to your healthy lifestyle. It’s complete cookware set with ceramic nonstick coating, sturdy aluminum construction, soft-grip handle, and clear view lids. The layer of the sets is entirely smooth and useful for hassle-free food release.
The pots and pans of the GreenLife ceramic cookware set are made of aluminum. It provides excellent heat conduction and even heating. The set is suitable for gas, electric, halogen stoves except for the induction cooktop.
The best rated ceramic cookware set comes with 14 piece pots, pans, and lids. You get in the box two open best ceramic frying pans (7 & 9.5-in), two saucepans (1, 2, & 2.5-qt) with cover, covered stockpot (5-qt). Moreover, the set includes four nylon coated utensils. (Note: Do not use metal utensils on these pans or pots.)
It comes with some exciting color which pops up your kitchen corners. You will get Lavender, Turquoise, Red, Black, Burgundy, and Black diamond. All the colors are from outside on enamel construction, and the inside got while procaine. Except the Black Diamond range is entirely black from inside to out.
- Referred firm grip heat resistant handle.
- Suitable for healthy but fast meal preparation.
- Clear shatter-proof glass for easy food monitoring.
- Oven safe up to 350 F.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Get scratch over time.
5. Red Copper Copper-Infused Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set
The Red Copper brand brings a nice exposition cookware set that is more efficient in different types of meal preparation. This set is made of copper and ceramic coating on top. Let us tell you; this set does offer service as Teflon coated nonstick sets, as they resale food easily. Yes, Red copper is sticky but in a good way. You can make an excellent cheese sandwich, pancakes, steaks, and fish fries with a brown crust. The pans heat evenly and similar to cast iron skillets. So, if you use the pan with little construction and don’t burn anything the end up result will be more satisfactory.
The made in USA ceramic cookware comes with ten pieces of all necessary cooking pots that you need every day. You get from the box, two frying pans with lids (8 & 10-in), three saucepots with lids (1.5, 2.5, & 6-qt), and an aluminum steamer. The build quality of the pots and pans overall good for the long run.
- Heavy-duty copper-infused ceramic coating.
- Suitable for use in the oven.
- Safe for making any type of food.
- Comes with metal strainers too.
- Affordable price.
- Nice construction.
- The handles are not heated resistant.
- Lids are not oven safe.
6. Paula Deen Signature Collection
You will impress by Paula Deen’s Signature collection. And we can blame you for that. All of her aluminum cooking sets are very colorful and nice at work. You will find many color shades like Aqua, lavender, blueberry, butter, red, and coral in this range. For coating, this has the Dupin Teflon layer. Which good at low-fat cooking and easy food release.
All the pots and pans are suitable for use in the oven or dishwasher except for the induction cooktop you can use the set on any stoves. The lid knobs are very pretty because of their colorful and copper combination design. Handles are pretty firm and stay cool during cooking.
You will get 15 pieces of ceramic pots and pans within the box. It includes two covers saucepan (1 & 2- qt), one covered stockpot (6-qt), one covered sauté pan (2.75-qt), two skillets (8, 10-in), and five measuring spoon set.
- Beautiful color, texture, and construction.
- Comes with an extra measuring spoon set.
- Heat resistive, secure, and soft-touch handles.
- Oven proof up to 350 F.
- Realistic price.
- Coatings are less durable.
7. Vremi Ceramic Non Stick Cookware Set
Here is another best non stick ceramic cookware set for health-conscious people. If you have Vremi Ceramic, you don’t need anything else. It’s made of a die-cast aluminum body with a smooth nonstick ceramic layer. The aluminum spread the heat quickly, and the coating holds the heat for better cooking performance.
The Vremi ceramic cookware set includes backlit ergonomic wooden tone handles. That helps you to toss and turn the foods. The covers of the collection include a small gap between the pot and lid. It releases the extra heat so you can cook without having any mess.
The Dutch oven is useful for making buns, stew or any slow cook item. This cooking set comes with eight-piece pans, pots, and lids which include, two Dutch oven pots, one casserole pot with cover, two angled frying pans.
- Subtle look and durable construction.
- Good for directly serve the dish on it.
- Backlit handles are heat resistant.
- Ideal for fast and healthy cooking.
- Reasonable pricing.
- The pans are pretty heavy.
- Not suitable for oven or microwave use.
8. Farberware 10366 Glide Cookware Set
Here is another very affordable ceramic cooking set for every busy kitchen. The Farberware 10366 Glide Cookware Set does not only come into the budget but also, high in performance all the ways. Its aluminum structure gives the set lightness, even heat spreading and durability. For the nonstick coating, it has copper slide technology. It’s the double layer of ceramic and copper combo which spread the heat first and holds it for better cooking.
All the pots and pans of this Farberware ceramic cookware set come with sturdy reverted plastic handles with a little copper accent. The glass lids are shatter resistant and lock firmly to lock the heat and moisture. As a result, meal preparation time decreases significantly.
This best ceramic non stick cookware set comes with two covered saucepan (2 & 5-qt), one covered Dutch oven (8.25 & 11.25-in), and two deep skillets. Also, you will get a pasta fork, slotted spoon and a turner with the set.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Heat-proof comfortable handles.
- Nice color combination.
- Oven safe ceramic cookware for up to 350 F.
- Affordable price.
- Easy to clean, nothing sticks off on the surface stubbornly.
- With cooking spray, it still sticks.
9. GreenPan CC000675-001 Valencia Pro Cookware Set
We are happy to say that, we finally found the best ceramic induction cookware set that is also suitable to use on electric and gas cooktop. Yes, GreenPan CC000675-001 ideal for any home or professional kitchen. It comes with all the essential pots and pans including lids. It’s made of durable hard anodized metal which offers excellent heat conductivity.
From the inside and outside this best ceramic cookware set is entirely black. It has a thick ceramic coating on the inside which is made from sand. All the materials used in the set are toxin-free, with no PFOA, PFAS, lead or Cadmium. So this cookware set completely safe for healthy cooking.
For the lids and handle, the Greenpan ceramic cookware set has got stainless still handles and shatter-resistant glass lids with vent. This set includes three fry pans (8, 9.5, 11-in), two covered saucepans (2 & 3-qt), one covered skillet (3-qt) and one covered casserole (5-qt).
- Perfect for browning and searing.
- Easy to clean and also suitable for dishwasher cleaning.
- No presence of harmful chemicals.
- Heat up quickly very durable.
- Works on induction cooktop also.
- Expensive set but most of the time you will get a big discount on Amazon.
10. WearEver 15 Piece Ceramic Cookware
So last but defiantly not least. Here is a large set of ceramic nonstick cookware for any large family. WearEver 2100087606 is a super versatile set for all kinds of cooking. You can make, rice and beans, fish fillet, steaks, pasta in it with excellent color and texture. The aluminum base of it spread the heat quickly and fast, and the ceramic layer gives a nice surface to cook in low fat but adequately.
Additionally, the WearEver ceramic cookware set comes with soft-touch reverted handles so you can toss or grip the pot easily.
The coatings are stain-free and cook efficiently. The lids are made of tempered glass and have a vent for one covered deep sauté steaming pressure control. However, this set has three covered saucepans, one covered Dutch oven, and two frying pans with no lids, one frying pan with cover (12-in). And bonus, there is an aluminum steamer with the set.
- Ovenproof up to 350 F.
- The best ceramic cookware made in USA comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Spread heat quickly and evenly.
- Freeform PTFE, PFOA, Lead and Cadmium.
- Comes with a metal strainer.
- The coatings start to chip over time.
- Slightly pricy.
How to Choose the Best Ceramic Cookware Set
Choosing a ceramic cooking set is easy if you know what is to look for. Read on to follow learn them more.
Ceramic is a massive component. So any ceramic cookware should feel heavy. If the cookware feels light possibility is the coating is reasonably thin.
- Don’t Buy Lead Coating Glaze Pans
In order to make cookware corrosion-free and withstand wear, many ceramic pots are glazed with LEAD or cadmium. These are the very harmful chemical which could pollute the food.
Look for any cooking set which is free from these elements but glaze with bacteria resistant Nano glaze or other safe materials.
- Dishwasher Safe Set
Ceramic set those have features like dishwasher-safe is much more rigid. Because usual cookware which needs to hand-wash are not withstood wear and tear of daily hassle. So you can get a dishwasher safe ceramic cookware set for quick and easy cleaning. This will also save your money as well as energy.
What Are Some Notable Benefits of Using This Cookware?
It’s clinically proven that the best ceramic coated cookware is safe for humans healthy and very much environment-friendly. Here are some benefits of using Safest Ceramic Cookware which will change the view of owning what healthy cookware should be.
- Most of the ceramic cookware or ceramic coated cookware does not contain any metal, PFOA, PTFE.
- It does not affect the color or flavor of the food especially the acidic flavored one.
- 100% ceramic cookware has a high heat tolerance. Most of these can withstand 700-degrees F.
- Well, the quality of the ceramic coating does not flake easily.
- You can cook with less oil or fat with this type of pot including perfect caramelization and browning.
- Good for using on multiple stoves including oven and microwave.
- The ceramic surface is smooth easy to clean.
How to Take Care Ceramic Pots and Pans?
There are not many rules for taking care of the set, only a few. Like,
- Wash before first use. After opening the set wash all the ceramic pots, pans, and lids by hand using a little bit of dishwashing soap. That is how you will get rid of unnecessary ceramic dust particles. Dry them and use them according to your needs.
- Use oil or butter before adding foods. Don’t use bear pans to cook the food. All you need is a light coating of butter or oil to coat the pan surface evenly. It will prevent sticking food on the wall or surface.
- Don’t immerse a hot ceramic pan in cold water. Let the pot cool down fully then go for washing. A sinking hot pan in cold water could crake or chip the ceramic.
Quick Tips for Cooking with Nonstick Ceramic Cookware
Follow these quick tips to maintain your ceramic pots and pans. Such as,
- Always wash your ceramic pots and pans by hand.
- Deep clean the set by soaking it in warm soapy water once a month.
- Season your set twice in a year. Take a soft paper adds few drops of vegetable oil and rubs it on the ceramic surface well. Put the pots on the stove one by one at moderate temperature or if you have oven-safe cookware heat them in a preheated oven at 250 F for 2/3 mins.
Disadvantages of Ceramic Coated Cookware
Here are some disadvantages of ceramic pots and pans you will notice. Like,
- In comparison to stainless steel, cast iron, copper, and aluminum 100% ceramic pots and pans are less efficient on heat distribution.
- Using metal utensils will damage the nonstick cooking surface.
- The lifespan of these sets is lower than stainless and cast iron skillets.
- Need more oil for seasoning the food to prevent burning than the Teflon coated cooking set.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What is ceramic cookware made of?
A: They are mainly made of Aluminium, Copper, or other metal substance with a coating of ceramic. And the ceramic is a solid inorganic compound of metal/non-metal that is Eco-Friendly and doesn’t contain any harmful materials.
Q: Is ceramic cookware safe to cook any kind dishes?
A: Yes, ceramic products are safe for cooking any kind of dishes as they don’t contain any harmful substances like PFOA or PTFE. As most of the ceramic cookware manufacturers use Almunium or Copper base on their ceramic pots & pans, so they don’t react with food while cooking. Also, they don’t leach any harmful substances while cooking.
Q: Is ceramic cookware very weak for long time uses?
A: Not at all. If you buy a good-quality ceramic pot and pan set made of high-quality raw materials, then it will surely last for a long.
Q: Do ceramic cookware (especially frying pan) required oil/butter for cooking?
A: Yes. But they need very little oil or butter for cooking. And that’s why this is the best option for those who want to cook with almost zero oil.
Q: Can food get stick on ceramic pot or pan?
A: No. if you take care and clean your ceramic pot and pan properly and use the minimum required oil, then the food won’t stick while cooking. And ceramic pan also needs seasoning before first use as well as on a regular basis.
Q: Why ceramic is the best option for nonstick cookware?
A: Ceramic coating or enamel used on the surface of ceramic cookware to make it nonstick and it’s not harmful to human health. Also as said before, this layer ceramic doesn’t contain PFOA, PTFE or Teflon where other traditional nonstick cookware may contain Teflon. So ceramic is the best option of nonstick cookware for health-conscious people.
Q: Is ceramic cookware eco-friendly?
Yes, as there are no harmful materials used in this cookware and it’s not toxic, so it’s eco-friendly.
Q: Can I use ceramic cookware on different stove top?
A: Yes, you can use ceramic on almost any stovetop except the induction cooktop. However, before using your ceramic pot or pan on any stovetop, you should read manufactures information regarding where you can use it or not.
Q: What is the ideal temperature to cook with ceramic cookware?
A: Different brand sets the different ideal temperature to cook with their ceramic pots and pans. But it is good to cook with ceramic at low to medium temperature.
Q: Does ceramic cookware contain any metal substance?
A: Yes, most of the ceramic cookware contains Aluminium or Copper metal substance which are not toxic and good for healthy cooking.
Q: Is ceramic cookware better than granite cookware?
A: Each ceramic and granite cookware have their own features, advantages, and disadvantages. But From some point of view, ceramic is better than granite cookware.
Our top editor’s choice for the best ceramic nonstick cookware set goes to Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set. This set is perfect for all kinds of cooking and also long durable, plus it comes under budget. The second vote goes to GreenPan Valencia Pro. It’s the hard anodized ceramic set with all the essential pieces for cooking. These are incredibly durable, so if you want to invest in something high quality, this is the one.
The next best nonstick ceramic cookware is going to Xtrema 5-Piece Starter Ceramic Cookware Set. If you already have some cooking pots and want to add some more or gift your friends and family these sets will not let you down. They are the perfect set from every angle and also ideal for a small family.