Last Updated On October 8th, 2020
Bread has evolved tremendously over the past few decades. We now have a range of colors, textures, flavors, and blends.
But the one aspect of the bread culture that has stayed constant for centuries is the universal love for fresh bread.
A piece of delicious fresh bread is too good to avoid. While we all long for a world where we would bake and enjoy warm fresh bread whenever we want to, such convenience is often impossible due to our busy life.
This is where the Best Bread Box can step up. This bread saver containers expediently helps to keep the bread fresh for longer periods.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Quick Overview of 5 Best Bread Box
- 2 Top 10 Bread Box Reviews
- 2.1 Home-it Stainless Steel Bread Box
- 2.2 Prep Solutions by Progressive Expandable Bread Keeper
- 2.3 Claimed Corner Bread Storage Bin
- 2.4 Culinary Couture Bread Box
- 2.5 Home Basics Grove Bread Box
- 2.6 ENLOY Stainless Steel Roll Top Bread Box
- 2.7 Cookbook People Original Rolltop Bread Box
- 2.8 Laura’s Green Kitchen Large Bread Box
- 2.9 Outshine Vintage Metal Bread Bin
- 2.10 FINEW Bamboo Bread Box
- 3 How to Choose the Best Bread Box
Quick Overview of 5 Best Bread Box
|Bread Box||Image||Editor's Rating||Overview|
|Stainless Steel Bread Box||4.7/5||Brand: Home-it|
Material: Stainless Steel
Capacity/Size: 16.5 x 8 x 10 Inches
Weight: 3.15 Pounds
|Expandable Bread Keeper||4.5/5||Brand: Progressive|
Capacity/Size: 11 x 7 x 6.8 Inches
Weight: 2.1 Pounds
|Metal Bread Box||4.8/5||Brand: Claimed Corner|
Capacity/Size: 13.5 x 7.5 x 9.5 Inches
Weight: 3 Pounds
|Large White Bread Box||4.6/5||Brand: Culinary Couture|
Material: Stainless Steel
Capacity/Size: 16.5 x 8.9 x 6.5 Inches
Weight: 3.5 Pounds
|Grove Bread Box||4.6/5||Brand: Home Basics|
Capacity/Size: 16.9 x 6.5 x 9.5 Inches
Weight: 3.35 Pounds
What Is Bread Box?
A bread box is a container commonly used for storing bread as well as a range of baked foodstuffs such as cupcakes, bagels, doughnuts, muffins, and cupcakes, among others. It is also known as bread bin, bread keeper, or bread container.
Traditional models were primarily made of wood. However, modern variations feature metallic, acrylic, or plastic construction.
A kitchen bread box has the sole objective of keeping your food safer and fresher for longer durations and it’s also one of the must-have kitchen essentials. It works by locking out air from the box hence limits air circulation which often aids the growth of microbes.
Benefits Of Using Bread Box
If you are fond of purchasing bread from the stores, then you will probably find storage a non-issue. This is because store bread comes with a lot of preservatives. However, the popularity of freshly baked bread is rising every single day and more people are interested in the best bread bin to store them safely.
The general purpose of bread boxes is to retain the original taste of your bread for longer. They do so through the following ways-
- They Prolong Freshness- A bread box shield your bread from extreme exposure to external elements. Such a feature helps to inhibit retro-gradation. These impenetrable boxes will keep all bugs out of your food.
- Restrains Bugs- No one wants bugs and small insects inside their kitchen. But irrespective of how hard you try to keep them out, some of them will always find their way into the kitchen. The best you can do is keep them out of your food. And an airtight bread container can help to keep the bread safe from bugs and insects.
- Keeping Your Kitchen Organized- Storing your bread in a bread box helps to keep your countertops and cabinets clean. It also means that your kitchen won’t have breadcrumbs and plastic bags laid everywhere.
Top 10 Bread Box Reviews
Home-it Stainless Steel Bread Box
- It measures 16.5 by 10 by 8 inches.
- Features stainless steel construction.
- Ideal for countertops or cabinet tops.
The Home-it Stainless Steel Bread Box is sleek, practical, and cost-effective countertop bread storage. It features stainless steel construction and a smooth swing door that closes down easily. The black finishing of the edges immaculately complements the basic steel design.
At 16.5 by 10 by 8 inches, the bread box is comparatively larger and there is no doubt that it will hold your bread and other baked foods. The manufacturer ensures that the box is not only sleek but also functional. The box features a brushed stainless steel cover and a dark interior to preserve your foods.
As you would expect with stainless steel products, the box is strong and durable. It also features a flat base to keep it stable on your countertop. Moreover, this box comes with tidy handles for more efficient usage.
We all like neat and organized kitchens. The Home-it helps you to achieve that, thanks to the inclusion of the lip. You can arrange light condiments and storage jars on the lip to free your cabinets and countertops.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- Comes with a sleek modern design.
- Great value for the money.
- It doesn’t have feet.
- It shows smudges and finger marks.
Prep Solutions by Progressive Expandable Bread Keeper
- It expends up to 11 inches.
- It is made from polystyrene/polyethylene.
- It has adjustable air vents.
- The package includes a breadboard.
The Prep Solutions by Progressive Expandable Bread Keeper offers the best bread storage for any kitchen. It blends amazing style and top-notch performance to your kitchen. So, there is an assurance that all your baked foods will stay fresh and tasty for longer.
An illustrious feature that makes the Prep Solutions a top pick is its reliable adjustability. The bread bin can conveniently extend to 11 inches. Thus, it will conveniently handle bigger loaves. Besides, you can minimize the size; particularly, if your countertop is in short supply and high demand.
The adjustability features of this bread keeper go beyond size. You can also adjust its air vents to regulate the quantity of air that gets into the cool bread box. Allow the air to pass through or make it airtight to meet your storage objectives. It, therefore, gives you unbeatable control over your storage process.
- It is ideal for small and large foods.
- You can control the air penetration level.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It is moderately priced.
- Not as durable as metallic options.
Claimed Corner Bread Storage Bin
- It is made from solid metal.
- It features dimensions of 13.5 by 9.5 by 7.5 inches.
The Claimed Corner Bread Storage Bin is a suited option for anyone struggling with storage space. It helps to maximize the limited space in your kitchen and free up the countertops and cupboard space. At the same time, your bread stays fresh.
This is a perfect kitchen organizer that keeps your countertops and cupboards devoid of breadcrumbs and clutter. The long-term benefit of this box is that your kitchen stays clean and free from bugs.
The large metal bread box is stylish and blends well with the rest of your kitchen décor. It features solid construction and a stylish white powder-coating finish.
The main selling point of this best bread storage remains a remarkable functional ability. It conveniently lets in enough air through the lid to help maintain the correct levels of humidity. On the other hand, the box can trap in sufficient amounts of moisture. The process helps to keep your bread soft and fresh.
- The all-metal construction is durable.
- Sleek and matches the elegant décor in your kitchen.
- It helps to save on the limited kitchen space.
- It is versatile and ideal for storing a range of foods.
- It cannot store more than two loaves of bread.
- Some customers claim that the bottom is wobbly.
Culinary Couture Bread Box
- The construction is all metallic.
- It features dimensions of 16.5 by 8.9 by 6.5 inches.
- Comes with a free recipe eBook.
- Features a powder-coated finish.
Are you looking for an extra large bread box to keep your bread soft and moist? If that is the case, then the Culinary Couture Bread Box is what you need. It features a generous size of 16.5 by 8.9 by 6.5 inches. Such a large size ensures that you have enough space for your bread.
The Culinary Couture storage container is versatile. It does not limit you to storing loaves of bread only. Instead, you can also use the box to store pastries, chips, bagels, cookies, and doughnuts, among other baked items. The perfect size enables it to hold a lot of foodstuff for your family.
The airtight bread storage bin is made of sturdy metallic construction. However, it won’t rust as you’d expect with some metallic kitchenware. It features a white powder-coating finish that ensures that it neither oxidizes nor rusts. Thus, this big bread box will stay shiny for a long time.
- Extra-large capacity facilitates more storage.
- It is rust and corrosion-resistant.
- Stylish design blends well with your kitchen décor.
- An ideal gift item for your loved ones.
- The metal is susceptible to dents on impact.
Home Basics Grove Bread Box
- It comes in 7 different colors and styles.
- It measures 16.5 by 9.5 by 6.5 inches.
- Features a retro vintage design.
Do you enjoy soft and fresh loaves of bread for breakfast and dinner? The most assured way to do so is by investing in a sealed bread box. The Home Basics Grove Bread Box is, therefore, a perfect choice for vintage bread boxes lovers.
It features powder-coated steel construction. The reliable and durable powder coating ensures that the box does not tarnish. It also doesn’t rust or corrode. Therefore, it will retain its appealing outlook for a long time.
If you like stylish kitchenware, go for Home Basics Grove bread bin. Unlike other bread storage containers that look more like toolboxes, this bread box for the kitchen counter is sleek and features a retro vintage design. Moreover, it comes in seven color options which include turquoise, cream, red, and black.
The airtight bread box includes a tight-fitting lid that helps to keep off excess air from your foodstuff. The lid also inhibits bugs and insects from getting into your bread. As for accessing the contents of the container, the lid has pretty handled to help open it.
- A swing-up lid for ultimate protection.
- It is space-efficient.
- Comes with an easy-grip handle for comfortable use.
- Stored bread stays fresher for longer.
- The box will dent on frequent impact.
ENLOY Stainless Steel Roll Top Bread Box
- An extra-large size which measures 17 x 11 x 7 inches.
- It features a portable lid.
- The box contains breathable holes.
- It comes with bread papers.
Do you like homemade bread but tired of throwing away stale pieces of bread every too often? The ENLOY Stainless Steel Roll Top Bread Box is the best bread keeper for anyone looking for a sealed, secure container.
The large stainless steel bread box features a retro design that will perfectly fit in any modern kitchen. You’ll marvel at the sight of the bin on your countertop. If functionality is at stake, then you will have to give it to the breathable holes that ensure air circulation and vapor discharge.
The arc design makes it popular among homeowners who love a seamless blend of traditional and modern designs. The exterior is carefully polished and shiny. Besides, you won’t find any sharp corners and bends. That means that the bread storage container is not only stylish but also safe.
It features a favorable capacity for substantial amounts of baked foods, ideal for people who love homemade foodstuff. It provides storage for your baked muffins, bread, brownies, cakes, and chips, among other homemade foodstuffs.
- The retro style is sophisticated and unique.
- It is a multifunctional bread holder.
- Features solid stainless steel built.
- It might come with poor packaging, but the product quality is still good.
Cookbook People Original Rolltop Bread Box
- The lid slides to the back-wall when opened, providing maximum storage.
- Made from food-safe and eco-friendly bamboo wood.
Fresh homemade bread is a delight to serve. However, everyone is worried about the freshly baked recipes becoming dry, moldy, and stale after a few hours of preparation. Cookbook People gifts you with a unique bread holder to help keep your food soft and fresh with a natural touch.
The bread bin is made from bamboo wood. As you’d expect, naturally sourced bamboo is food-safe and eco-friendly. It has no additional wood particle boards in its built. That means that the hard bamboo wood gives you a long-lasting kitchen storage option.
Apart from the improved lifespan, wood brings the old-world charm that comes with traditional kitchen equipment. The vintage style bin is further complemented by easy to use rolling lid.
This large wooden bread box also perfect as countertop bread box. It measures 15.75 by 10.75 6.75 inches with a massive 30-pound load capacity. It doubles up like a potato bin besides providing storage for baked foods.
- The manufacturers offer personal engraved products.
- It comes with an easy to use rolling lid.
- Versatile and ideal for a range of applications.
- It features a unique vintage style design.
- Dryness and humidity might affect the wood. Keep away from sunlight.
- The lid might not easily slide in case of temperature change. Waxing with a candle will help.
Laura’s Green Kitchen Large Bread Box
- It is made up of indigenous bamboo wood.
- The lid is made of Plexiglas.
- It features a magnetic lid.
- It is two-layered, thus more storage options.
Despite so many options, a wooden storage bin can still make the best bread box for homemade bread. A perfect example is the large and versatile Laura’s Green Kitchen Large Bread Box. It features a simple yet sleek design that fits perfectly well on your countertop.
The wooden bread box with shelf is primarily made of a bamboo wood material and has a Plexiglas window that adds on to the outlook of this simple kitchen equipment. It features a unique double-layer design that provides you extra storage space. Thus, you can comfortably store at least two bread loaves.
Don’t confuse this with low-mass board or fragile plastic bread boxes. Laura’s Green Kitchen product is made from high-quality 100% bamboo wood.
The front glass window that makes up the lid lets you to conveniently have a glimpse at your cookies without needing to open the container. Moreover, the magnetic lid enables smoother closing and opening than traditional roll-top lids.
- The bamboo wood is a natural and food-safe option.
- The magnetic lid ensures safe and secure closing.
- You can view your bread through the glass front.
- It offers a large capacity.
- Doesn’t come pre-assembled. You will need to assemble some parts.
Outshine Vintage Metal Bread Bin
- Comes in royal blue, bright white, and mint finishes.
- It doesn’t feature an airtight lid.
- Sturdy all-metal construction.
Are you a big fan of the famous vintage style? Looking for a way to add old-school taste to your kitchen? If that’s the case, then the Outshine Vintage Metal Bread Bin is the best bread container for you. The kitchen equipment is versatile, durable, stylish, and functional.
The product measures 13 by 10 by 7 inches. The capacity is adequate for most DIY home and office baked foods. It is ideal for storing a wide range of foodstuffs such as potatoes, cookies, chips, muffins, and bagels, to mention a few.
It features an amazing powder coating finish on the rest of the body. The hand-painted handles give it the vintage farmhouse look. The Outshine Vintage Best Bread Keeper comes in 3 different colors. You can opt for mint, bright white, or royal blue finish depending on what works for you.
While there is a lot of craze around airtight bread bins, the Outshine product is not airtight. Surprisingly, the manufacturer does this by design. The key reason for this is to reduce the humidity levels in the box by allowing sufficient airflow. Well thought, right?
- Resistant to rust and corrosion.
- The interior is easy to clean.
- The lid reduces humidity buildup.
- The vintage design is artistic and nostalgic.
- It might not be as spacious as the manufacturer claims.
FINEW Bamboo Bread Box
- It features a bamboo construction.
- Comes with a removable partition.
- The extra-large size measures 15 by 9.8 by 14.5 inches.
- It has 4 feet each measuring 1 cm tall.
If you have an under cabinet bread box but want to upgrade to something bigger and more versatile, then the FINEW Bamboo Bread Box is your ultimate choice.
The wood bread box comes with 4 wooden feet to keep your bread away from the ground. About 1 cm high, the feet keep your bread away from moisture hence they stay fresher for longer.
The extra large bread box with shelf also has a removable partition. You can opt to divide your box and use it as two different storage compartments or use it as a single space. You can even use the partitioning board as a cutting board for your loves and other items.
The FINEW wooden box comes with unique double-slotted handles to give you more control when using the box. The already polished groove allows easy movement of the sliding door.
The partitioning facilitates variable interior spaces. You can, therefore, partition the box to fit custom size loaves or use the partition to keep storage bottles.
- The polished sliding door is easy to operate.
- The feet keep your bread off the ground.
- You can use the partitioning board as a cutting board.
- Slotted handles on both sides allow better portability.
- The bamboo material can absorb moisture and odors.
How to Choose the Best Bread Box
The market is infiltrated with many bread bin models. While you have enough options to choose from, the process is still tricky and time-consuming. Not any bread box will do the job. Thus, you need to consider the following factors-
The common materials you can choose from include metal, wood, plastic, and ceramic. Each of the materials has advantages and disadvantages.
Wood boxes are a bit bulkier than plastic and metallic options.
On the other hand, metallic options are more durable and have a considerably longer lifespan than the other types. However, they will easily dent and smudge.
Plastics feature sleek and lightweight designs. However, they are susceptible to breakage.
- Design And Appearance
We all enjoy clean and delicious meals. Part of that is proper storage and appealing presentation. That’s why you need to consider the appearance of the bread bin of choice.
It is also worth noting that the appearance that you choose should blend with the décor of your kitchen. Notable designs include retro, ultra-modern, and rustic farmhouse models.
What amount of baked items do you intend to keep in your desired storage container? The answer to this question will depend on the size of your family as well as how much you expect to bake. Large bread boxes will hold about 2 loaves of bread while ordinary boxes will hold one.
Size refers to the external volume of the bread box. This will also determine the capacity of your storage bin.
However, it is a factor that is influenced by the kitchen space at your disposal. An under-cabinet bread box is considerably smaller in size while above-cabinet boxes offer bigger storage.
- The Type Of Lid
The type of lid determines how easy or difficult your bread box will be to operate. We have front lids, roll-top lids, magnetic lids, and flip-down lids, among others. The trick is to choose what you are comfortable using.
In the case of bamboo wooden boxes, the lid might not open as easily in a warmer climate due to material expansion. There is an easy fix for that. Use a candle to wax the groove which will result in easy movement.
How to Store Bread in the Bread Box
The process of ensuring that your bread remains fresh for longer is not as complicated as most people think. The method is pretty simple; these easy steps should guide you-
- Let The Bread Cool- First, note that you can’t put hot bread in a bread bin. A hot bread in a bread bin will result in the production of excess steam and moisture. In turn, the bread will lose its crispness and have a rubbery texture.
- Don’t Wrap- You don’t need to wrap your bread before you store. So, don’t use plastic, a kitchen towel, or plastic bag as a wrapping.
- Check Every Day- Check your bread daily and don’t assume that it is perfectly fresh in the bread keeper no matter what. Just check regularly to ascertain that everything is okay.
- Clean Your Box- Make a consistent routine of cleaning your box. Also, always wipe out all the crumbs after consuming or discarding the contents of your storage bin.
How to Clean and Maintain Your Bread Box
The ideal way to clean and maintain your bread box will depend on the type of material it is made from. In this article, we will tackle how to clean plastic, metallic, and wooden bread boxes.
Plastic And Metal
- Wipeout any crumbs in the box.
- Use a soft cloth dampened in a mild detergent of your choice.
- Don’t use steel balls and other rough materials to scrub as this will cause scratches and oxidation.
- Do not use strong alkaline or acidic detergents.
- Rinse well with clean water.
- Wipe with a dry piece of cloth and leave it in the open air for some time.
- Wipe clean all the crumbs left in the box.
- Use a scrub brush to gently loosen any molds in the box.
- Use warm water with a soap to rinse the box.
- Clean the box with hot vinegar to completely get rid of the molds.
- Rinse with clean water and leave the box open to dry thoroughly.
Health Food Facts: Why Use a Bread Box?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does a Breadbox Keep Bread Fresh Longer?
A: Yes. A breadbox can keep bread fresher for around one week. And it’s might not possible by storing the bread in the fridge or traditional bin. But you should also consider other facts like the type of bread, bread bin, etc. to determine how much time it will remain fresh.
Q: How Does a Bread Box Work?
A: Simple math. Breadbox is one kind of container that helps to keep the bread fresh. Just open the box door, keep the bread, and close the door. The container will keep the bread fresh.
Q: Should Bread Bins Be Airtight?
A: Yes. An airtight bread bin can keep the bread fresh for a long time than the non-airtight one.
Q: Do Bread Boxes Keep the Bread From Molding?
A: Yes, but not for a long time. And how much time will keep the bread from molding also depends on several other facts like the type of bread.
Q: Are Bread Boxes Insect Tight?
A: All airtight bread boxes come with insect tight features. And some non-airtight bins also have this feature.
A storage bin is essential if you are enthusiastic about freshly home-baked bread. As you may have probably discovered, the market has several models which make shopping for the right equipment difficult. However, you don’t need to take the risk when looking for the Best Bread Box for keeping bread fresh. We’ve got you covered.
This article contains some of the most appealing options that you can choose from. Also, we tried to eliminate guesswork by providing all the information that you need to consider when shopping for a bread storage container.
We’ve brought everything out in the open. Now, make the most of it!