Last Updated On May 29th, 2020
An air fryer is the most convenient gadget for the household kitchen. It makes the cook easier and comfortable especially for baking items. The air fryer cook foods more quickly than the traditional ovens. Moreover, it does not need excess oil or butter to cook the food. It makes the food crunchy and crispy. At present, people love to use this kitchen gadget because of its various great features.
However, if you are the new user of an air fryer and don’t know How to Clean Air Fryer properly, then this post is for you. Here you will get some most effective and simple guide, which will help you to clean your appliance properly.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to Clean Air Fryer (Most Effective Guide)
- 1.1 Unplug the Air Fryer First
- 1.2 Clean the Inner Side and Outside of the Air Fryer
- 1.3 Clean the Fan Component and Heating Element
- 1.4 Apply Baking Soda to Get Rid of Stuck-On Food Residue
- 1.5 Clean the Air Fryer Basket and Pan
- 1.6 Soak the Air Fryer Basket and Pan with Hot Water
- 1.7 Let Dry All the Parts of the Air Fryer
- 2 Additional Tips for Caring for the Air Fryer
How to Clean Air Fryer (Most Effective Guide)
Cleaning an air fryer is not so much tough. Just following these simple steps right below you can clean your air fryer easily.
Check: How to Clean Ceramic Cookware Here
Unplug the Air Fryer First
First of all, unplug your Air fryer before starting the cleaning process of it. It is important to prevent any unexpected damage. Turn your Air Fryer of, unplug it and leave it to cool completely. It will take around 30 minutes to cool entirely. The Air Fryer will cool more quickly if you remove the basket and the pan from the main unit.
Clean the Inner Side and Outside of the Air Fryer
Cleaning of the inside and outside of the air fryer is quite easier. Remove the air fryer basket and pan parts gently with care. Use a wet cotton or microfiber cloth to rub-down the exterior of your air fryer. Now wash the inside of the appliance with warm water. You can use a non-abrasive sponge pad to make a scrubber. After that wipe all the parts you’ve cleaned with a paper towel to make them dry properly.
Clean the Fan Component and Heating Element
The fan component and heating element of the air fryer may be difficult to reach. If you can reach these parts, try to clean them out as regularly as possible. Use a non-scratching scrub brush with a soft bristle to make a gentle scrub. Never use any metal scrubber or hard bristle in the heating area. Turn your appliance upside-down and wipe down the heating element with a sponge pad and warm water.
Do not use any dish soap on the heating element. Dry the heating element thoroughly with a paper towel. If you can reach the fan element, use a small, thin wire brush to clean any dust or food particles. Do not use the water to clean the fan of the appliance.
Apply Baking Soda to Get Rid of Stuck-On Food Residue
If you have difficult stuck-on food residue on the appliance, you can apply a baking soda solution to clean them completely. Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with two cups of water in a spray bottle. Shake the bottle gently to mix the solution properly. Spray the solution gently over the inside of the air fryer, let it penetrates through the residue for 2 minutes. Then turn the air fryer back to its normal position. Leave the solution for 30 minutes to sit. Repeat the process once again and make a gentle scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or soft brush. Now wipe down it with a cotton or microfiber cloth.
Clean the Air Fryer Basket and Pan
For most of the air fryer brand, the basket and the pan is safe for the dishwasher cleaning. Check the manual description of your appliance to know either it is dishwasher-safe or not. If your appliance is dishwasher-safe simply clean the basket and the pan with the dishwasher. Or if it is not safe for the dishwasher cleaning, rinse the basket and other parts with warm water. You can use warm soapy water to clean these parts of your air fryer.
Soak the Air Fryer Basket and Pan with Hot Water
If there’re stubborn stains that don’t come off from the pan or basket, soak them with warm water and the dishwasher. Fill the pan with warm water and add some dish washing-liquid with the water. Put the basket into the pan and let them soak for at least 20 minutes. This will helps to dissolves the residue from the bottom of the pan and the basket. After that, clean them with a non-scratching sponge pad and rinse them as normal.
Let Dry All the Parts of the Air Fryer
After cleaning all the parts of the air fryer let them air dry for a few hours. Or you can use paper towels or moist cloth to dry the main unit, basket, and pan.
Additional Tips for Caring for the Air Fryer
Here are some most useful tips for you to take the best care of your air fryer. Check them out to know more.
- Set up your loveable air fryer on a level and heat-resistant place in your kitchen.
- Always place food evenly in the air fryer to confirm even cooking.
- To get a crunchy exterior, spray or brush a little amount of oil to foods before air frying.
- If you’re trying a recipe meant for the regular ovens, decrease the cooking temperature by 25F for an air fryer.
- Whenever you are air frying chicken wings or French fries pat your elements dry with a towel before cooking. Because moisture is the enemy of crispy, crunchy nibbles.
- Use a food thermometer to notice that when it is cooked completely.
- Always preheat your air fryer, just like a regular oven.
- In order to prevent overcooking, check your food 5-10 minutes ahead of suggested cooking time.
All of the guides, tips, and tricks above the post on How to Clean Air Fryer will help you to clean your appliance easily. One more suggestion for you, always check the manual instruction that came with your air fryer. Different types of models and brands of the air fryer have different instructions for maintenance and cleaning. So it is important to know the proper process of cleaning an air fryer. If you don’t have any instruction you can find manuals online using the model number on the bottom or side of your unit.
- How does an air fryer work? – Today
- Is Cooking With an Air Fryer Healthy? – Healthline
- Air Fryer Cleaning & Maintenance – Newair