Last Updated On September 1st, 2020
A red copper pan is one of the great kitchen tools that offer various benefits. This handy cookware will make your cooking easy and comfortable. If you are a fan of non-stick cookware, the red copper pan would be a great choice for you. It is made of strong, durable copper material that is non-stick and scratch-resistant. However, the red copper pan requires seasoning before its first use. In this post, I’ve added step by step Red Copper Pan Seasoning Instructions, which will help you to season your pan easily.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Things that you will need for seasoning a Red Copper Pan
- 2 Red Copper Pan Seasoning Instructions
Things that you will need for seasoning a Red Copper Pan
All of these things of this list you will need to season your red copper pan properly.
- A red copper pan, it is essential for the seasoning process. If you have a brand new pan, you should perform these processes before you use it to cook any food.
- A tablespoon of vegetable oil or your preferred oil. Use enough oil to coat the surface of the pan. You can also use peanut oil, canola oil or grapeseed oil to season the pan. However, you should avoid butter or olive oil, as these start to smoke quickly.
- Dishwashing Soap, mild dish soap will work best.
- Clean faucet water to rinse the pan.
- A Paper towel will be used for spreading oil on the surface of the pan.
- Oven or Stove-top, it is your choice but the oven is usually the more common option.
- Soft cloth, this will be used to wash the pan gently. You can also use it for spreading the oil.
- Oven mitts that will be needed for your safety.
Red Copper Pan Seasoning Instructions
It is necessary to season a red copper pan for its best use and care. There is the step by step guide on How to Season Red Copper Pan properly. You can season your red copper pan easily by following these steps.
Wash the Pan Gently with Soap and Warm Water
Wash your pan gently with mild dish soap and warm water before starting the seasoning process. You should avoid scrubbing the pan, as this could cause scratch especially if you have a brand new pan. It would be better to use a soft cloth to lather the soap into the pan. After that, rinse the pan thoroughly and ensure that it is completely dry and free of soap. This step is very important to make sure the pan doesn’t have any harmful chemicals or substances on it.
Put your Preferred Oil to the Pan and Coat it
Once you have cleaned your copper pan completely you can add your preferred oil to the surface of the pan. You can use a paper towel or your fingers to spread the oil evenly over the whole pan surface. Cover the bottom as well as the sides too with the oil.
Heat on the Oven or Stovetop
You can either use an oven or stove-top to heat up your red copper pan, it is totally up to you. However, ensure that you use your oven mitt when you touch the handle of the pan.
If you like to use the oven, preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure that the oven is fully preheated and then insert the oiled copper pan into the oven carefully. Leave the pan to cool for at least 20 minutes. After that, remove the pan from the oven.
If you prefer stove-top, turn the burner to medium heat. Simply put the oiled pan on the stovetop and wait until the pan starts to smoke. When the pan starts to smoke remove it from the stove-top. Do not forget to turn off the stovetop once you’ve completed your task.
Let the pan to Cool down and Wait for the Oil to Dry Completely
Now let the vegetable oil to dry completely so that all the tiny holes on the surface of the pan become filled in. this method should take around 15 minutes. Allow the pan to cool at room temperature. Do not put a hot pan into the refrigerator, as it may wrap the ceramic.
Wipe Down any Excess Oil with Paper Towel
Once the oil cooled or dried completely, you can wipe away the excess oil from the surface of the pan. Use clean paper towels or soft cloth to wipe down the surface of the pan gently. After complete all the processes, now your red copper pan is ready for cooking food.
Recommended: Best Copper Pots and Pans
Additional Tips for Cleaning and Storing the Red Copper Pan
It is important to take care of your red copper pan properly in order to maintain its effectiveness (nonstick performance). There are some effective tips for the clean-up and storing of the red copper pan right below.
- Clean your copper pan with hot water after every use. Make a gentle scrub with a soft bristle brush and let it dry thoroughly.
- Put your pan into the oven with 400F for about 10 or 15 minutes to remove any strong smells left by certain foods.
- Season your red copper pan at least once or twice in a year to make your pan last longer.
- Keep your seasoned pans out of the dishwasher, as the harsh dishwasher could remove its seasoning.
- Before storing your pan spread a light coating on the inner surface of the pan.
- If you want to store your copper pans for a long time, oil them heavily to avoid rusting.
If you’re searching for a cooking pan that is free from harmful chemicals, the red copper pan is an ideal option for you. It is lightweight, heat resistant, and last longer. Moreover, it is free of PFOA and PTFE, you can cook your meal without butter or oil. However, it is necessary to season the copper pan in order to protect it from any unexpected damage. Make sure that you follow the proper direction to season your copper pan. You can season the red copper pan by following the above guide on Red Copper Pan Seasoning Instruction.