It seems to be very complicated when you have to choose between Ceramic Cookware Vs Nonstick. Because both of the cookware offers lots of useful facilities. Ceramic and other non-stick cookware are durable, lightweight, easy to maintain and has a superior non-stick surface. All of these facilities are enough to make you confused to choose one of them. In this post, I will share a comparative discussion on ceramic and non-stick cookware. Hope this will help you to choose the right cookware for between them.
Ceramic Cookware Vs Nonstick
Ceramic and non-stick both of the cookware is great for the household kitchen. They are the most popular all around the world. There are details about ceramic and non-stick cookware right below.
Overview of Ceramic Cookware
Ceramic is the recent addition in the world of non-stick cookware. This cookware is here in just a few years but it increases fast popularity. Ceramic cookware has an ultra-smooth and slippery non-stick surface which is made of silicon dioxide and the oleophobic and hydrophobic encapsulated. That means it is free from any harmful chemicals like PTFE and PFOA. This superior smooth surface allows cooking the food with less oil.
However, ceramic cookware can reduce cholesterol and extra fat from foods. So, it would be a great choice for those people who are very much concerned about their health. This cookware is lightweight that makes it comfortable to hold. Its non-stick surface is very easy to clean. This type of cookware is available in various attractive colors and models. Some of them are higher grade and which is safe for the oven and the dishwasher cleaning. Moreover, ceramic cookware comes with a short lifespan. It requires extra attention and care in order to make it last longer.
Check: Ceramic Vs Teflon Vs Stainless Steel
Advantages and Disadvantages of Ceramic Cookware
Although ceramic cookware has plenty of useful sides, it has a couple of downsides also. There are the benefits and drawbacks of ceramic cookware, all of these will help you to make the right decision.
Advantages of Ceramic Cookware
- Ceramic cookware has a superior cooking surface which is free from harmful chemicals.
- This cookware comes in various attractive colors and designs.
- The cookware is claimed to be Eco-friendly.
- It helps to reduce cholesterol or fats.
- Requires less or no butter or oil for cooking the foods.
- Due to silicon dioxide, coating it is very easy to clean.
- This type of cookware is quite affordable. Although some higher grade ceramic cookware could be expensive, they will last longer also.
- Useful to store the foods in the refrigerator.
Disadvantages of Ceramic Cookware
- Not recommended for high heat temperature. Because it’s may damage the nonstick surface.
- Not stable for regular use.
- It requires extra care to expand the lifespan.
- This type of cookware is not resistant to scratch.
- It is not compatible to use with metal utensils.
- Not safe for the dishwasher cleaning.
Overview of Non-stick Cookware
Non-stick cookware is best known as Teflon. However, Teflon is the brand name of PTEF or Polytetrafluoroethylene. PTFE non-stick coating is the classic non-stick material. It is lightweight and nonreactive to the foods. Its super-smooth surface is useful to cook the food with less oil and release the food with less effort. Moreover, non-stick cookware is a good heat conductor, it helps to cook the foods evenly and perfectly.
Although non-stick cookware is safe for the oven, still it is better to avoid high heat temperatures. Because when non-stick cookware is heated above a certain temperature it will release toxin fumes or chemicals to the foods. So, it is recommended to use your non-stick cookware at low to medium temperatures. This type of cookware is very easy to handle and clean although it is not safe for the dishwasher cleaning. You have to clean your non-stick cooking products by your hand with water. However, you can use a hand-washer or mild dishwasher to clean your non-stick cookware.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Non-stick cookware
When you need to buy any cookware it is necessary to know everything about it including its advantages and disadvantages. There are pros and cons of non-stick cooking products which will help you to choose the right one.
Advantages of Non-Stick Cookware
- Non-stick cookware is useful for the inexperienced or new cook.
- Able to cook with less oil that means it is a healthier option to cook your meal.
- This kind of cookware is extremely durable.
- It is considered classical and excellent non-stick properties.
- This cookware is lightweight which is easy to maintain.
- Non-stick cookware is affordable and available in various designs.
- Generally, it’s made from aluminum or hard anodized aluminum which helps to distribute heat evenly.
- Some high-grade non-stick cookware is safe for the dishwasher.
Disadvantages of Non-Stick Cookware
- Non-stick cookware used PTFE-base coating which may leach toxin fumes when it is heated above the recommended temperature.
- This cookware could leach metallic flavor or taste when it is scratched or damaged.
- It is not safe for high heat temperature, only stable at low to medium temperature.
- This form of cookware is not suitable for metal utensils or metal scrubber.
- Need extra attention or care to make it last longer.
- Not resistance for scratch or not for the dishwasher cleaning.
Ceramic Vs Nonstick Cookware – Which One Is Perfect for Healthy Cooking
Ceramic and Nonstick Cookware both of them are great for their unique features. Both of the cookware comes with a superior smooth non-stick surface which is nonreactive to the foods. These cooking products are lightweight and durable although non-stick cookware is claimed to be more durable than a ceramic one. However, non-stick cookware used Teflon as the coating of the surface. Teflon is also known to leach toxin fumes when it is been burned or flaked. On the other hand, ceramic cookware has organic minerals on the coating of the surface. That means it is not from Teflon and does not provide any harmful toxins.
If you can follow the proper directions to use non-stick cookware appropriately you can successfully make food without leaching chemicals. On the other hand, if you need to cook food over high heat and not an expert to take care of non-stick cookware it is better to choose ceramic cookware. Although ceramic cookware may not be as durable as non-stick one, it will help you with healthier cooking.
In summery of Ceramic Cookware Vs Nonstick, you should consider the health issue when you buy any cookware for your household kitchen. If you want something lightweight and durable and can manage non-stick facilities you can choose non-stick cookware. Or if you want to avoid Teflon and want to cook your meals with healthier cookware it’s better to choose ceramic cookware. However, both of the cookware will be great to make your cooking comfortable and enjoyable.