When it is about Aluminum Vs Stainless Steel Cookware it’s complicated to choose one of them. Because both of the cookware provides so many benefits such as they are durable, strong, safe for the oven, rust resistant and so on. Aluminum and stainless both of the cookware would be great for your kitchen. Though they have some similarities still they are different from each other by their own features. In this post, I will share everything in details about aluminum and stainless steel cookware. Hopefully, this post will help you to choose the right one between them.
Table Of Contents
Aluminum Vs Stainless Steel Cookware
There are the details about aluminum and stainless steel cookware. Check it out to get more information about them.
Aluminum is a lightweight material and an effective conductor of heat. As a very soft material, aluminum heats and cools quickly. Aluminum is the best option for bakeware material as it is rust free and fire resistance. Although aluminum is most durable, still it can be scratched or dented easily. They are relatively inexpensive than some other usual metal cookware. This type of cookware is lightweight, easy to handle and clean, and also affordable.
Aluminum cookware comes with a non-stick coating surface which is from PTFE-coating (brand name is Teflon). For highly acidic and salty foods, this cookware can leach the aluminum to the foods. That means aluminum cookware is reactive to the foods and can affect the flavor or color of the foods. Although aluminum cookware is safe for the oven, still it is not recommended to use on the high heat temperature. Because high heat could damage the coating system of the cookware.
Advantages of Aluminium Cookware
- Aluminum cookware is extremely durable and best known as a good heat conductor.
- It’s rust free and fire resistant.
- This cookware has a non-stick coating surface that is ultra-smooth and slippery.
- The cookware is lightweight so that it is comfortable to use and easy to clean
- This type of cookware is affordable and available in various design and quality.
- Aluminum cookware is safe for the oven.
- It requires less oil or butter to cook the food.
- Can cook the food evenly.
Disadvantages of Aluminium Cookware
- Aluminum cookware reacts with acidic foods. Sometimes it leaches metallic flavor to the foods.
- This cookware is not safe for the high heat temperature. That means you cannot use your aluminum cookware on the induction.
- This kind of cookware is not safe for the dishwasher cleaning. You have to wash your aluminum non-stick pans by your hand otherwise the non-stick coating surface could be damaged.
- Most of the Aluminium cookware used Teflon non-stick coating. Teflon could be harmful to humans when the food been burned or flaked.
Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless steel is a type of metal alloy and it is a combination of steel and some other materials. The structure of the metal alloy describes the levels of the stainless steel cookware. This type of cookware is stronger than other usual metal cookware. Although stainless steel is most durable still it is bad as a heat conductor. That’s why aluminum or copper layer added on the base of the pans and pots to improve the distribution of heat.
Stainless steel cookware is rust and corrosion resistant and also stable for high heat temperature. The cookware is safe for the oven as well as for the broiler. Stainless steel cookware is suitable for rough use as they are sturdy and last longer. This cookware is non-reactive and also non-porous to the food. That means it does not impact on the flavor quality of the foods. And they are scratch resistance and also safe for the dishwasher clean.
Advantages of Stainless Steel Cookware
- Stainless steel cookware is stable for versatile use. That means you can cook any type of food with your stainless steel pots and pans.
- This cookware is most durable and stronger more than other usual metal or non-stick cookware.
- This form of cookware is compatible to use with metal utensils.
- The stainless steel cookware is rust free, scratch and corrosion resistant.
- It is safe for high heat temperature. You can use your stainless steel cookware on the oven and the induction.
- Its silver shiny outlook will never be outdated and it will make your kitchen elegant to look.
- High-quality stainless steel cookware would be last longer more than other cookware.
- This type of cookware is non-reactive to the foods and it does not change the flavor or color of the food.
- It is very comfortable to handle and clean.
- This cookware is also affordable like aluminum.
Disadvantages of Stainless Steel Cookware
- Although stainless steel cookware is affordable, some high-quality stainless steel cookware could be expensive also.
- Stainless steel is a poor heat distributor. But a better quality stainless steel cookware will distribute heat evenly.
- As the stainless steel cookware is the combination of other metals so that they are heavy to use.
- Stainless steel cookware has no non-stick coating surface so that it does not provide non-stick features.
- As the cookware adds heavy metals like chromium or nickel, it could leach heavy metal poisoning to the food.
Stainless Steel Vs Aluminium Cookware – Which One will better for your Kitchen?
Both of the cookware are differed from each other by their own features. The aluminum cookware comes with a non-stick coating surface, on the other hand, stainless steel cookware doesn’t provide that feature. Moreover, stainless steel cookware is stable for versatile use you can cook different items of foods with this cookware. On the other side, aluminum cookware is not stable for versatile use but it is suitable as bakeware. Though both of them are safe for the oven, stainless steel can resist heat more than aluminum one. Aluminum cookware is best known as a good heat conductor while stainless steel is bad in heat conductivity.
Considering all of these features both of them would be great for your kitchen. If you want something for heavy use and also non-reactive to the foods you can choose stainless steel cookware. Or if you want something lightweight with the non-stick feature you can go with aluminum cookware. Both of the cookware will make your cook easy and enjoyable.
Here is everything about Aluminum Vs Stainless Steel Cookware. Well, whenever you want to buy cookware from both of them try to get a high-quality one. Because cheap grade cookware could leach metallic poison to your foods which could be harmful to your health. Though high-quality cookware could be expensive it will last longer also.